• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

coupon code not working

Started by rotaryswing, September 04, 2008, 04:04:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rotaryswing

img attached

pete

Looks OK. If the correct amount isn't showing up in PayPal, it could be a problem in the PayPal payment module. You have the source for that. It's in KonaKart\custom\modules\src\com\konakart\bl\modules\payment\paypal .

rotaryswing

That hasn't been touched, so are you saying the one that is included with your download doesn't work correctly?

pete

All I am saying is that "if" there is a problem with the PayPal payment module processing orders with promotions, you can investigate it since you have the source to debug it. I assume that since you are using KonaKart, you or someone in your team knows their way around a java program.

We will also take a look, but cannot guarantee any response times since you aren't under a support agreement. If we find a problem and fix it, we'll probably make the fix available in the next release.

rotaryswing

I couldn't find pricing info for a support program on your site or I would have done it. I assume it's high now that you don't have your pricing posting publicly so I've decided to look into another vendor since this doesn't work.

pete

Well, since you couldn't be bothered to even ask us about how we can support you, it looks like you've made your decision. Good luck.

pete

For anyone following this thread, a bug was found in the PayPal payment module which stopped it from processing discounts created by promotion modules.

I've fixed the problem and attached a new source file and class file. You only need to update if you are using the PayPal payment module and also plan to use promotions. The module has been tested with KonaKart 2.2.6.0 although it should also work with older versions.

dhan

Pete,

I am having slightly different problem.

The shipping cost is not being shown at the invoice or checkout while I get the correct value (flat rate) in the "View Cart" page.

I am checking all admin configuration settings and also verified the sort order in OrderTotal, but can't able to get the shipping amount in invoice.

Here's my sort order:
Sub-Total: 1
Shipping: 25
Total: 40

Thanks for the help!
Dhan

ryan

Hi,

Can you verify that the product is a normal physical product. i.e. not a digital download or a product with free shipping.

lrkwz

Quote from: pete on September 05, 2008, 03:23:55 pm
1. The coupon does have to be rentered during checkout. (...) In some cases, after logging in, the promotion may not even apply to you any more. You could always save the coupon code on the session and use it for checkout if that is what you want.

In my configuration (quite common for my users although) it is quite annoing because you (the user):

• enter the coupon code

• press che confirm button

• login

• make choices for shipment and payment

• when the final page just before checkout to the payment gateway is shown you notice (if you careffully look at it) that your coupon based discount is GONE  :(

• then you must go back to the cart

• specify the coupon code again and start all over again

I've overridden LoginSubmitAction with

final String coupon = kkAppEng.getOrderMgr().getCouponCode();
(...)
String sessionId = kkAppEng.getCustomerMgr().login(lf.getUser(), lf.getPassword()); // this calls refreshCustomerCachedData() which cleanup all customer data including the coupon
kkAppEng.getOrderMgr().setCouponCode(coupon);

and it seems to work.