• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

I dont input chinese word

Started by leesure, August 21, 2008, 04:29:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

leesure

I tried to create new customer with chinese word,it is display '???' .My database is mysql5 with character utf-8,please help me.How could I do?

Brian

can you be more specific...

Where are you creating your customer (in the registratin section of the application or in the Admin App?)

Have you checked the database to see whether the data is stored correctly there?

Have you tried storing Chinese characters with the Admin App?

Which version of KonaKart are you using?

leesure

The version of Konakart is 2.2.6.The version of Mysql is 5.0.45.Database Character was set utf8.I created new customer both the registratin section of the application and in the Admin App,Both is '??????'.I saw the content of table in database,it is also '???????'.

Brian

Can you try our demo application at http://www.konakart.com/konakart/

I have just saved Chinese characters without a problem.   See screenshot attached

...  It's difficult for me to say what's wrong with your environment, but there's nothing I know of in KonaKart that prevents any particular characters being saved.

leesure

yeah,I saw demo,so I puzzle much more.I trace CustomerRegistrationSubmitAction class in eclipse,the chinese content in between RegisterCustomerForm and CustomerRegistration is both correct.It meant it is wrong  at period of saving database. I just do it, I dont know about torque.In konakart torque,I dont see database connection environment,eg. <property name="hibernate.connection.charSet">UTF-8</property> as hibernate.So poor I feel,Who save me?

Brian

My guess is that the problem is with your database...   I would check that again.. and restart it to ensure the settings you see are actually being used.

You could try to isolate the problem by confirming that you can insert and select Chinese characters using MySQL tools.

There is nothing to configure in KonaKart to support this... so I would focus on your database setup first.

leesure

Mysql is alone version of zip file,I use some days after unzip it.It I insert or update table by means of some mysql tools is no problem about chinese word content.Other soft or application I myself wrote also can read and write chinese content.

leesure

I newly install mysql5 and konakart with exe file instead of zip file,Run konakart_demo.sql,I already may create and edit custmoers with chinese words.By the way,what different does between konakart_demo.sql and konakart_supplementary_demo.sql? I run two files ever.

pete

If you used the installer you should just let the installer check your db connection and run the database script.

The file konakart_supplementary_demo.sql should only be used for when upgrading from a standard osCommerce installation. For a fresh installation of KonaKart you only need konakart_demo.sql.