• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bank transfer payment method

Started by Mintxela, August 11, 2008, 01:38:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintxela

Hi all.

I´m trying to add a bank transfer payment method but I find no way.
Is the konakart application ready to do this or I need to develop this payment method.

Thanks.

Brian

KonaKart should support this - You should be able to treat the bank transfer just the same as one of the other payment methods. 

However, this is dependent on the mechanics of the bank transfer.  Does your bank transfer have an API that you can call?  If so, it would be very similar to the other payment gateways.

Mintxela

With bank transfer I mean a payment methot where I just say my bank account details (Not speaking about electronic transactions).

Brian

So what will you do once you have the bank account details?  If you're not going to then use them in some kind of electronic transaction then I don't understand what you're trying to achieve?

Mintxela

Lets see.

What I need is the following.
I already have the "Cash On Delivery" payment method, and now I would like to add a bank transfer method. The only thing I need is to give the user the possibility of selecting between the two differents payment methods, in order to send him the products via cash on delivery or not(paid  before sending).

Brian

So if you made a copy of the cash on delivery payment method - changing its name to be something like "Payment by Bank Transfer" this would be all you would need?  If you want to drive some workflow based on the state of orders you can make it set the order status differently to cash on delivery.  In doing so you could process your bank receipts and take appropriate action on receipt of payments in the appropriate state.

However, how would you know which bank receipt was for which order?  Will you rely on the customer to specify his order number on his bank transfer reference?

Mintxela

"So if you made a copy of the cash on delivery payment method - changing its name to be something like "Payment by Bank Transfer" this would be all you would need?"

Right, that is what I was trying to do, but..... what files do I need  to copy and modify?, sorry, but I have been trying to do it with no results.

Mintxela

This is the error I get.

11-ago 22:15:44 WARN  (?:loadModules:?) Class com.konakartadmin.modules.payment.
moneyorder.Moneyorder not found but defined in /C:/Archivos%20de%20programa/Kona
Kart/webapps/konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/konakartadmin.properties
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.konakartadmin.modules.payment.moneyorder.M
oneyorder

Brian

There's quite a bit of help here: http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#paymentmodule and here: http://www.konakart.com/customizationfaq.php#How_do_I_create_a_new_payment_module_

Your current error is clearly that you haven't made a class available in the necessary place.