• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Next realease ?

Started by sharteel, August 04, 2008, 11:38:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sharteel

Hi,

I m checking for oscommerce product. I'm tryin some package: oscmmerce, zen cart and konacat.

What new fonctionnality will be implanted in the next release of konacart ?

good job.

SharTeel.

ryan

Hi Sharteel,

I'm not sure whether you aware, but the underlying technology used by KonaKart (Java) is very different to that used by osCommerce and Zen Cart (PHP). Therefore unless there is some very specific functionality that you are looking for, I'd start narrowing down the products based on the technology that you are most comfortable with in terms of development skills, deployment infrastructure etc.

sharteel

Hi Sir,

Tx u for answer. I understand.

I try to setup konacart on my computer for cheching the fonctionnalities. finished soon :)

I have some questions:

I have not seen Wishlist function and sitemap.xml generator. Are theses foncitonalities not implanted by default?

Job list and shedule job are possible ?

Tx for your help.

SharTeel

sharteel

Hi,

sorry for the mistake, the name is Konakart and not Konacart.

Appologies :(

ryan

I have not seen Wishlist function

Indeed, we don't have this functionality at the moment. It's not one of the higher priority features on our TODO list, but we think that it should be relatively straight forward to implement. Is wish list functionality important for you ?

and sitemap.xml generator.

Once you've customized the UI to suit your needs, can't you just use a tool such as http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ to generate that ?

QuoteJob list and shedule job are possible ?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here ??? If you intend the scheduling of Admin functionality, this can be done easily enough by creating the functionality (the Job) in a small java program using the API and then scheduling that using chron or something similar.

ryan

Quotesorry for the mistake, the name is Konakart and not Konacart.

Actually it's KonaKart, but it takes more than a mere typo to upset us  :)

sharteel

Hi,

Quote from: ryan on August 04, 2008, 01:05:07 pm
I have not seen Wishlist function

Indeed, we don't have this functionality at the moment. It's not one of the higher priority features on our TODO list, but we think that it should be relatively straight forward to implement. Is wish list functionality important for you ?

Yes, testimonial or WishList is good fonctionnalities and many customers want it. From wich code, can i to modify and copy for this ?

and sitemap.xml generator.

Once you've customized the UI to suit your needs, can't you just use a tool such as http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/ to generate that ?

Same wishlit, sitemap button in BakcOffice is good idea, i think.

QuoteJob list and shedule job are possible ?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here ??? If you intend the scheduling of Admin functionality, this can be done easily enough by creating the functionality (the Job) in a small java program using the API and then scheduling that using chron or something similar.

Exactly, i search how to implant it in konaKart.

Shar Teel

ryan

In theory, using our customization framework you can now introduce your own API calls and so you could implement the wishlist functionality. However, you would need a good understanding of the KonaKart architecture and the Torque persistence layer.

This is really a core product feature and so I feel that it should be implemented and maintained by KonaKart, especially since it will probably also require some features in the Admin App to maintain it. We will give it a higher priority although I cannot guarantee at the moment if / when we'll implement it since we tend to favour the requests of customers with support contracts and already have a list of these scheduled.

sharteel

Hi,

Where can i find support contracts and roadmap ?

Regards,

Shar Teel

ryan

Details of our support programs can be found http://www.konakart.com/support.php . Please contact support AT konakart.com for pricing info and more details.

At the moment we haven't got a detailed roadmap that is available for public viewing, but we are happy to discuss privately any requirements that you may urgently require for your project.