• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Installation on Ubuntu 8.04

Started by glowbus, July 22, 2008, 05:38:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

glowbus

Hi,

i currently try to install KonaKart on Ubuntu 8.04 64bit without graphical Interface.  I use a clean installation just with mysql und java 6 currently installed. Every Time i want to start the Installation in silent mode nothing happens. I got no output on screen an no installed files. Could anybody imagine why?

kind regard andreas

ming

Hi Andreas,

This is puzzling.   The installer we use is InstallJammer and it should work on 64bit machines OK.  We install on Ubuntu very frequently (but only on 32bit machines).  When you try to run the installer in silent mode what happens exactly?  does it output nothing and return to your command prompt?   What happens if you try to run it in the GUI mode?

To get you moving you could use the zip version of the install.  With this one you just unzip the contents and configure the system manually - it's a little more effort but well-documented here:  http://www.konakart.com/manual_installationfaq.php

Ming

ming

Hi Andreas,

I've just exchanged mail with the author of our installer (InstallJammer) and he has confirmed that the installer doesn't work on 64bit yet.   This support will be provided in the next release of their product which is due in about a month.  Once it's available we'll update our installers for a subsequent release.

(The installer is a 32bit binary so if you could run it in 32bit-compatibility mode you would be OK.  I understand that in the recent versions of Ubuntu these 32bit compatibility libraries are not installed by default however).

In the mean time, if you have problems with the manual installation, just let us know.

Ming

glowbus

Ok,

now i switched to ubuntu 32 bit, installer starts but doesn't finish.
I currently use the manual Installation, with your tomcat distri. That works fine.

I also tried to install your 3 war files in tomcat 5.5. I used apt-get to install tomcat, build your wars with ant. But when i try to deploy them i got an access denied exception for logging.properties in konakartadmin/WEB-INF/classes/ . I tried to check the permissions but the file does't exist. Also creating an empty file does not solve the problem.

Kind regards

Andreas

ming

Hi,

Quotenow i switched to ubuntu 32 bit, installer starts but doesn't finish.

This I don't understand because we do this every day.  When you say it doesn't finish.. what happens exactly?  Does it stop mid-way through the installation?

Did you first get it running with the supplied tomcat in the zip you downloaded?  The supplied tomcat is 5.5.17.   It would be good to first get that working before you move on to your own tomcat.

For the logging.properties - in the supplied tomcat it's in the conf directory of tomcat.   You can either copy that one over or copy konakart-logging.properties that you'll see in the classes directory to logging.properties

ming

sorry I mis-read your post.. you already have got it working with the supplied tomcat....  therefore, for your own tomcat I would compare the set-ups - catalina.sh, conf directory, server.xml etc..

ming

You are not the only one encountering this logging.properties permissions error on tomcat5.5:

http://www.openclinica.org/pipermail/users/2008-June/000665.html

Apparently caused by a tightening of security in a recent patch to tomcat.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=460839

glowbus

Thanks alot for your help.

Now i am unsing the Tomcat provided by you on an 32 bit System all works fine.
It is just an Prove of Concept so its ok.

Kind Regards

Andreas