• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Version Mismatch in My Store Status

Started by pmarrone, July 19, 2008, 10:25:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pmarrone

Hi all,
I just installed Konakart on a Linux (Ubuntu) system.
It seems to work, but I get in the bottom of the 'My Store Status' panel a floating window with the title 'Exception', containing 'Version Mismatch' as error message.
By clicking on the 'Show exception stack trace' link in the window I obtain an empty message.

I guess the problem is related to the reporting system because I get exactly the same error window when I launch whatever report from the Reports panel in the Administration application.
The log files don't contain any error, so I cannot give you more informations  :-\

Has someone had the same problem? Any solution?

Thanks
Paolo

ming

Hi,

I don't recognise that error.

I assume you have verified that the port numbers are correct in your configuration (Configuration > Reporting)

Is this a vanilla install of KonaKart on Ubuntu?  (something we do in our automated testing many times/day).   Did you use the GUI installer or the zip installer?

Which version of java are you using?

Ming

ming

If you search for "BIRT Version mismatch" in Google you'll find many reports of a problem like this.   One I read was a problem with Firefox... can you try another browser as an experiment?   

e.g. This is a bug with BIRT and Firefix 3 beta 2  https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=213980

Ming

pmarrone

Thank you ming for the response.
Yes, I confirm that the problem is caused by a bug of Firefox 3.0 (I'm using Firefox 3.0.1).
I tried to access to the admin app from a Windows machine using IE 6.0, and from there I can launch without problems all the reports.
I hope Firefox team will resolve soon the problem.

Konakart is a great product, and now I know that the support is great, too  ;D

Thanks
Paolo

costis

Hello everybody!
it seems to me that this FF-bug is becoming persistent. A couple of months have passed and we still have the same problem, with FF3.0.3 this time, and no beta's.

Maybe we should consider a work-around this bug. It is important to have a correct first page for the administrator, through the most popular browser (...  ;) speaking for my friends).

costis

i must add:
   we are still using Konakart 2.2.4.0

kingsulaman

Quote from: pmarrone on July 21, 2008, 07:05:22 pm
Thank you ming for the response.
Yes, I confirm that the problem is caused by a bug of Firefox 3.0 (I'm using Firefox 3.0.1).
I tried to access to the admin app from a Windows machine using IE 6.0, and from there I can launch without problems all the reports.
I hope Firefox team will resolve soon the problem.

Konakart is a great product, and now I know that the support is great, too  ;D

Thanks
Paolo

Hi all i am having same problem with FF, and when i tried with IE. it gave following errors:
The following items have errors:

ReportDesign (id = 1):
+ Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc
Cannot load JDBC Driver class: not found

does anybody have any solution for this.

heidi

You don't provide much information (version of KK, platform, what you've changed, etc) so it's difficult to predict what might be wrong.

Something must have changed from the default installation.

Maybe the reference to the properties file in konakart.rptlibrary has changed?  Maybe that reference is now wrong?

Heidi

kingsulaman

Quote from: heidi on April 29, 2009, 05:49:22 am
You don't provide much information (version of KK, platform, what you've changed, etc) so it's difficult to predict what might be wrong.

Something must have changed from the default installation.

Maybe the reference to the properties file in konakart.rptlibrary has changed?  Maybe that reference is now wrong?

Heidi

I have changed the configuration, Report Viewer URL and Status Page Report URL was't correct.
          but now it has new error as:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:
You are not connected to the Internet.
The website is encountering problems.
There might be a typing error in the address.

What you can try:
     Diagnose Connection Problems 

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

Internet connectivity has been lost.
The website is temporarily unavailable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

but my internet is working fine.

heidi

perhaps the status page url you entered is incorrect?