• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Sample Shopping Cart

Started by rfreitas, July 16, 2008, 04:55:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rfreitas

Hello,

I am considering using KonaKart on my website.  Right now I have a java website with no shopping currently.  I am wondering about the sample shopping cart store that comes with the install. 

Is it production ready after tweaking colors and logos?  Do you recommend using it?  Or is just an example, and we need to code our own shopping cart front end using the API's?

Thanks in advance.
Ronnie

john

Hi Ronnie,

Yes it's production ready.  You can customise it as much or as little as you like.  You get a complete shopping cart application - client and server - in the download.

There are some essential configuration tasks to be undertaken, such as setting up your email, your payment and shipping modules, your products etc...  but there is plenty of documentation to help you with these.

QuoteDo you recommend using it?

Yes I do but I'm very biased :-)

John

rfreitas

Great, I am going to try it out. Thanks.

One more question, have you had or heard of any security issues, hackers etc?

I didn't seem to find much on this in the forum, which is a good thing...   :)

Thanks again.
Ronnie

john

Hi Ronnie,

No we haven't had any security issues reported, and we don't know of any, but that's no 100% guarantee that there aren't security holes - just as there are in any system.  (See point 4 of the licence agreement http://www.konakart.com/documents/LICENSE.txt).    Thus, you have to be prepared to ensure, as you should with any software you host on the Internet, that your system is secure.

I know that one large company who are currently working on a KonaKart system are undertaking some extensive intrusion testing at this very time.    I expect we'll get to hear of any weaknesses from that study if any are uncovered.

Regards,
John