• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Configuring with other apps

Started by shaydes, August 08, 2007, 06:54:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

shaydes

I have several other apps running in tomcat. How can I run KonaKart using the existing tomcat instance. I would prefer not to start another tomcat instance.

john

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to run the wizard-based installation, setting the various configuration parameters as you like, then copying the following webapps that are produced to your existing tomcat webapps directory:

• birt_viewer

• konakart

• konakartadmin

The advantage of running the wizard installation is that it will populate the webapps with all the configuration values that you specify in all the right places without you having to do this manually.   Another advantage of the wizard installation is that it will check your database connection parameters and, optionally, populate your database with the tables and demonstration data ready to use KonaKart.

If, however, you prefer, you can just extract the above webapps from the zip version of the installation and configure KonaKart and load your database yourself...   there are FAQs available to help you with this. eg. http://www.konakart.com/installationfaq.php and http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php

Good luck, and pease let us know how you get on.

John

shaydes

I have done exactly that:
Ran the wizard-based installation, made sure that app was running and copied the apps to existing tomcat webapps directory.

I am running Apache 2.2, tomcat-connectors-1.2.23 (port 8009/ajp13), tomcat-5.5.23 (port 8080) and Oracle 10.1 on Fedora 7. I have several other apps using apache tomcat-connector and work properly.

The application installs properly and runs fine with the wizard-based installation and tomcat instance. When I copy the apps, konakartadmin runs fine, but when I run konakart, I get only the top bar (Home    My Account  |  Cart Contents  |  Checkout and above content, plus just the title Categories and nothing underneath). When I look at the log files, I get whole lot of errors starting with:
07-Aug 21:12:59 ERROR (ApplicationDispatcher.java:invoke:723) Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Define tag cannot set a null value for bean with id: allManu
        at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.DefineTag.doEndTag(DefineTag.java:236)
        at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.SearchByManufacturerTile_jsp._jspService(SearchByManufacturerTile_jsp.java:157)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:328)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:315)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:691)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:594)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:505)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:965)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:605)
        at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(TilesUtilImpl.java:99)
...snip...

john

Hi,

We just tried KonaKart on 5.5.23 and were able to reproduce the problem.

There would appear to be differences in the order that servlets are brought up in tomcat 5.5.23 over the tomcat 5.5.17.

This is easily solved by changing the konakart web.xml to set the order of the start-up of the KonakartGWTServlet servlet.

So, in ${konakart-home}/webapps/konakart/WEB-INF/web.xml modify this:

<!-- Servlet for GWT code -->
<servlet>
           <servlet-name>KonakartGWTServlet</servlet-name>
           <display-name>KonaKart GWT App</display-name>
           <description>KonaKart GWT App</description>
           <servlet-class>com.konakart.server.KKGWTServiceImpl</servlet-class>
           <load-on-startup/>
</servlet>

to this:

<!-- Servlet for GWT code -->
<servlet>
           <servlet-name>KonakartGWTServlet</servlet-name>
           <display-name>KonaKart GWT App</display-name>
           <description>KonaKart GWT App</description>
           <servlet-class>com.konakart.server.KKGWTServiceImpl</servlet-class>
           <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

We'll modify the code so that it's not sensitive to the start-up order in the next release... but this should get you going for now.

Thanks for reporting the problem.

John

shaydes