• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

mixed orders and payment modules

Started by ryanlynch, June 17, 2008, 08:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanlynch

Hello,

We would like to change the authorize.net payment module from how it currently functions.  Allowing a "mixed good basket" of soft goods and hard goods is a great feature of KonaKart and is user friendly, but our business process and legal requirements state that we not settle payment for hard goods until time of shipment (unlike soft goods where it makes sense to process payment immediately).  Hence, ideally we would like to have the flexibility to configure the payment module for a MIXED GOOD BASKET (containing both hard goods and soft goods) to ONE of the following three options:

1.      Only authorize both hard goods and soft goods in Konakart (ie NO SETTLEMENT for any items)
2.      authorize and settle soft goods BUT ONLY authorize hard goods (ie no settlement for hard goods)
3.      authorize and settle soft goods but DO NOTHING for hard goods (we would 

Can you please speak to the possible implications of doing this?  Has this ever been done before?  Are there any plans to cater for this in future releases of KonaKart?

Thanks for your help

julie

From within the payment module, couldn't you go through the order products of the order and pick out only the soft goods to calculate what to charge the customer, using code similar to :

for (int i = 0; i < order.getOrderProducts().length; i++)
                {
                    OrderProductIf op = order.getOrderProducts();
                    if (op.getType() == ProductMgr.DIGITAL_DOWNLOAD)
                    {

}
                }

Maybe I haven't fully understood your requirements ?