• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Custom Payment Gateway for Credit Card Processing

Started by serkandurusoy, August 13, 2007, 03:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

serkandurusoy

Hello all,

I'm new to KonaKart and currently evaluating java based commerce solutions.

I want to put up a shopping site which I need to integrate with 4 different payment gateways all of which are local banks in Turkey.

Each provide their own Java API's which are actually JAR's. I need to be able to call their methods during checkout. Therefore I need to do some custom programming. Is this possible with KonaKart?

Regards,

john

Hi,

Yes it's possible to add payment gateway modules to KonaKart.   We provide a framework that allows you to slot them in as you please.

Soon we will have some more guidance on how to do this in the form of an example tutorial.

For now, perhaps the best way to make progress is to follow the example source code that is provided in the download packages.    Although all gateways will have differences they all tend to follow a similar pattern so a good way to create one is to copy the one that looks closest to the one you wish to create. 

Essentially, there are 3 java files to create:

Taking the WorldPay payment module as an example:

com/konakart/actions/ipn/WorldPayAction.java                       // the callback functions
com/konakart/bl/modules/payment/worldpay/Worldpay.java      // the calling functions
com/konakartadmin/modules/payment/worldpay                      // the Admin App integration

You have to a configuration value to enable the particular gateway module then set its own configuration variables - typically through the Admin App once you have written that particular java file.

eg: in konakartadmin.properties:

# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# Set the class names of the various modules you would like to make
# available.   The administrator can still choose to enable or disable
# these.
# Note that if you remove a module from the definitions below that has
# already been set up in the database the users may still have access
# to the modules in the konakart application.   Hence, it is advisable
# to remove the modules before they are removed from these definitions.
# Make these space or semi-colon-separated class names - they have
# implied prefixes of:
#    com.konakartadmin.modules.payment.{lower case module name}.
#   com.konakartadmin.modules.shipping..{lower case module name}.
#   com.konakartadmin.modules.orderTotal..{lower case module name}.

konakart.modules.payment=AuthorizeNet PayPal WorldPay CC Cod IPayment MoneyOrder NoChex PM2CheckOut PSIGate

Good luck with your gateways,
John

serkandurusoy

Thank you very much for the reply.

On a side-topic, does your company provide custom development on KonaKart? If so, how can I learn about your company's pricing policy on custom development.

Regards,

john

Hi,

Yes indeed.  We provide the software for free and make our money through support and services.

The best way to discuss this is probably via email in the first instance.   Feel free to send a mail to enquiries @ konakart .com  to get the ball rolling.

Regards,
John

serkandurusoy

Thank you, I just sent an e-mail on this topic.