• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Customizing the shop interface

Started by gbulfon, July 16, 2007, 10:26:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gbulfon

Hi, I was starting to check how to customize the graphical layout of the standard installation.
- Is it ok to change the images inside webapps/konakart/images and the css stylesheet?
- How can I change the layout of the various sections in the page model? should I edit the tyles-defs.xml?
- If you looked at the sample site my customer wants to emulate (www.luisaviaroma.com), you find that selecting Collections/Woman-Wear/Spring shows two listboxes, one for pertaining designers/manufacturers, one for pertaining categories. How can I show this filtered infos?

Thanx for any help
Gabriele.

paolo

Hi, I was starting to check how to customize the graphical layout of the standard installation.

- Is it ok to change the images inside webapps/konakart/images and the css stylesheet?
Yes. That is the way we would expect you to do it

- How can I change the layout of the various sections in the page model? should I edit the tyles-defs.xml?
As you've noticed, we use Tiles (see tiles-defs.xml). I'd continue using tiles although there is nothing stopping you from having just one tile and using divs within that to arrange the other tiles.

- If you looked at the sample site my customer wants to emulate (www.luisaviaroma.com), you find that selecting Collections/Woman-Wear/Spring shows two listboxes, one for pertaining designers/manufacturers, one for pertaining categories. How can I show this filtered infos?
You need to define your products using the admin app. In this case the "designer" could be the "manufacturer". You need to create a category tree similar to the one you just mentioned, and associate the products to the correct categories. When you click on "Collections/Woman-Wear/Spring" you can show all of the sub categories (i.e.bathing suit, coat etc.).
To show the designers you call the API to return all manufacturers per category and to show the products you call the API to give you all of the products for a category.

Hope this helps,

Paolo