• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

OS X?

Started by rcwhite, July 13, 2007, 05:43:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

Hi Anika,

Your earlier post made me think you hadn't read the FAQs because in there is states:

"Leave the torque.database.default equal to oscommerce."

If I got "Unable to connect to the Database called oscommerce." I would look very closely at why KonaKart was unable to connect to the database.  There could be many reasons but one really obvious one is that the connection parameters are defined incorrectly.

Could you double-check the ones you've used?

Did you mean "konakart" for the database name perhaps?

Regards,
Pete

Anni

hi,

thanks for your reply.
yeah, actually, that was the problem. but another thing, where can I change the port number manually?

thanks,
anni

Brian

Hello Anni,

There are quite a few places.  Can I ask you why you actually want to do this at this stage?

Regards,
Brian

Anni

November 07, 2007, 03:23:16 pm #18 Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:29:22 pm by Anni
hi,

it's just stupid why I want to change it now, but the port 8780 seems to be in use already and I have no idea what's running there so I can't shut down whatever it is. and the fact that I'm still too unfamiliar with mac doesn't help either ...  :-\

regards,
anni

pete

Hi Anni,

Are you sure it isn't KonaKart running on that port?

Have you tried using netstat to find out?

http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/netstat.1.html

It would be quite a few files to change just because you can't find which process is using port 8780.

You could always reboot your machine and see if it's being used after that.

Regards,
Pete

Anni

hi pete,

thanks for the help. I did a reboot and now it finally works  :)

regards,
anni