• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Email and PayPal

Started by jewelrycart, March 28, 2008, 06:02:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jewelrycart

Hi,

I am trying to evaluate KonaKart to replace our own existing ecommerce application. I am responsible for the evaluation of the product. To tell you the truth, two things just don't work out of the box with the example web site you have (webapps/konakart): paypal, and smtp server. I followed instructions off of the admin page, but it doesn't look like it is doing anything (on both).

Is there an example (sample file, screen shot of configurations for both smtp and paypal) that I can use? It would be nice if there was a documentation to give you examples. It seems like some other people are also having similar issues with no answer responses. Is it supposed to be a lot of work to be done by me? Or, am I missing something off of the admin page?

Thanks.

Keith

trevor

Hi,

For eMail have you read this section http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#How_Do_I_Set_Up_Email ? You can set the debug radio button to "true" in order to get debug information in the log.

jewelrycart

Thanks Trevor,

For email, that is exactly what I tried. But for debugging, if I set the enabled to true, where will I see the log? In the logs directory off of conf next to catalina and admin logs?

As for PayPal, thanks, I will try that. That looks promising as it already answers some of my questions.

Thanks again.

Keith

trevor

Yes, the Tomcat logs. In a windows installation where Tomcat isn't installed as a service, you should see the logging in the Tomcat window.