• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Using GMAIL Stmp Server

Started by egreenplace, March 27, 2008, 10:29:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

egreenplace

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted. I tried to search as much as I can for setting up SMTP but none of the posts were related to my issue. I manually modified konakart_mail.properties file (since changes through admin never overwrite that file):

This is what I added in the bottom:

mail.transport.protocol   = smtps
mail.smtps.port           = 587
mail.smtps.host           = smtp.gmail.com
mail.smtps.auth           = true
mail.smtp.user            = [my gmail email address]
mail.smtp.password        = [my gmail password]

I used the I forgot my password application to send me my password by email, but I never got the email. Where do I look to check the logs? I am looking under the KonaKart/logs directory but there are no additional logs for mail. Am I missing something? Thank you!

Bonnie

egreenplace

Can someone posts a working konakart_mail.properties file? I want to start from there. Thanks!

jewelrycart

Hi,

Please let me know if you found an answer to this. I am facing similar problem and I cannot get smtp to work with either gmail, hotmail or yahoo.

trevor

If you take a look at the konakart_mail.properties file you will see that it gives you a typical GoogleMail set up (commented out of course).

jewelrycart

Thanks Trevor. I did exactly that. I uncommented the code provided in the latest KonaKart distribution and added username and password like egreenplace suggested above. But the web site says that the email has been sent, and there are no logs being written out to specify a problem. I have been waiting but did not receive anything.

If you confirm that the text pasted above by egreenplace looks correct, then I can pursue other possibilities such as port blocking, etc. But I just want to make sure that I am not missing anything from the application stand point.

Thank you again,

Keith

trevor

At the bottom of the file you should uncomment:

# Typical GoogleMail Set-up:  (set up the email parameters in the Admin App as well as these)

#mail.transport.protocol   = smtps
#mail.smtps.port           = 465
#mail.smtps.host           = smtp.gmail.com
#mail.smtps.auth           = true

jewelrycart

Quote from: trevor on March 28, 2008, 07:28:37 pm
At the bottom of the file you should uncomment:

# Typical GoogleMail Set-up:  (set up the email parameters in the Admin App as well as these)

#mail.transport.protocol   = smtps
#mail.smtps.port           = 465
#mail.smtps.host           = smtp.gmail.com
#mail.smtps.auth           = true

Thanks Trevor,

And where do you put username and password information?

Keith

trevor