• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Webshop for services

Started by Iker, March 27, 2008, 05:43:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Iker

Hi,

We are planning to implement a webshop for services and looking for a free, customizable, open-source solution. Some of these services are free, some have fixed prices, some have variable prices depending on certain factors unknown at the time of initiating the service purchase (for example: number of pages/records returned by the request).

Questions:
I. Can the menu items be dynamically set in Magento, depending whether user is a subscriber to a certain service?
II. Can prices be set from administator side for wishlist items and these prices applied in shopping cart? (In order for variable prices to be determined after user expresses interest - adds to wishlist, which I know is not the intended use, but this way we might handle variable prices)
III. Can I add extra statuses to be displayed for line items of orders?

Waiting for your comments/suggestions!

pete

I. Can the menu items be dynamically set in Magento, depending whether user is a subscriber to a certain service?

Magento is a PHP based shopping cart. This is the KonaKart forum. KonaKart is a Java based shopping cart. You can customize the UI / menu as you see fit. You could save the services in a custom field of the customer object and dynamically set the menu based on this information.

II. Can prices be set from administator side for wishlist items and these prices applied in shopping cart? (In order for variable prices to be determined after user expresses interest - adds to wishlist, which I know is not the intended use, but this way we might handle variable prices)

The standard KonaKart functionality doesn't include a wishlist yet.

III. Can I add extra statuses to be displayed for line items of orders?

You can add as many custom order statuses as you like. However, the status applies to the whole order and not to individual line items.

Iker

Sorry, I also posted my question in Magento forum, didnt realize I had the name included.

About the status: Is it on the roadmap to implement different statuses/per line item as products might not be delivered in one single shipment?

Also do you have any suggestions how to implement variable prices? Any workaround?

Thanks

trevor

About the status: Is it on the roadmap to implement different statuses/per line item as products might not be delivered in one single shipment?

Every time you change the state of an order, you can also add a comment. What some people do is to use the comment field to add details to the state. i.e. For a partially delivered state you can specify which items have been delivered. This can be done in an automated process using the API.

Also do you have any suggestions how to implement variable prices? Any workaround?

KonaKart can have variable prices based on customer groups. You can also apply promotions based on customer groups and other rules. If your rules for pricing are in an another application, prices can be modified before displaying them on the UI.