• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Field 'customers_id' doesn't have a default value

Started by tsg18cs, March 26, 2008, 02:31:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tsg18cs

Hi
   I've just installed KonaKart to evaluate it. The install went O.K., various items changed in the admin component, but when I try to add one of the sample products to my cart I get the following error ( this happens whether I'm signed in as a customer or not ) :-

Exception Name = com.konakart.app.KKException
Exception Message = org.apache.torque.TorqueException: java.sql.SQLException: Field 'customers_id' doesn't have a default value
Exception Stack Trace =
at com.konakart.app.KKEng.addToBasket(Unknown Source)
at com.konakart.al.BasketMgr.addToBasket(Unknown Source)
at com.konakart.actions.AddToCartSubmitAction.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks

pete

Hi,

Could you let us know what DB you are using (including version) and whether you encountered any DB errors when creating the KonaKart database tables ?

tsg18cs

Hi

I'm using mysql 5.0.54 and there were no errors during install/setup.

Thanks

pete

Hi,

We're not sure why you could be getting this error. You you confirm whether you get it immediately after a clean install or only after making some modifications in the Admin App ?

tsg18cs

Hi

If you're referring to the DB setup, I get the error before and after any Admin changes. The only other change made is to the properties file , to set the dbname, etc.

kate

Hi,

Not sure what the problem is here but we suspect something to do with the db.

We run our regression suites on 3 versions of MySQL but not 5.0.54.  The closest is 5.0.51a

Whilst it may not be convenient for you, could you reinstall using an earlier MySQL and see if you have any success?  This would help us track down the problem.

Also, do you run the 5.0.54 in any partcular mode - eg. strict mode?

Kate.

tsg18cs

Hi

Not possible to use an earlier version of mysql, other things are using it also I'm not running any particular mode.

kate

Hi,

I didn't mean you would make this a permanent change, I just meant as a quick test if you had older MySQL databases around to help diagnose the problem.

Never mind; we'll add the task of looking at validating against MySQL Enterprise databases to our to-do list.

Kate

ming

Hello,

I have just installed MySQL 5.0.58 enterprise gpl nt and KonaKart works perfectly with it.

My SQL Mode is the default, which is STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Note that this was a standard installation of MySQL - the only non-default I selected was to choose utf.

I realise this is not version 5.0.54 but at least I can validate that KonaKart works fine on the 5.0.58 Enterprise version with a standard installation.

I'm also at a loss as to what's wrong with your configuration.   I still suspect database setup/configuration of some kind since the database is the main component that was not installed by our installer (the other being java).

Regards,
Ming

ecommdev

Hi,

I know this is an old topic, however i had the same problem on MySQL 5.0.81. I resolved it by creating a default customer in the Admin application.

Just thought you would like to know..