• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Upgrading KonaKart to 2.2.4.0

Started by egreenplace, March 23, 2008, 02:50:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

egreenplace

Hi,

I have just ended up reinstalling a new copy of KonaKart about a couple of weeks ago, and I had the latest version (I believe it was before 2.2.4.0). When did 2.2.4.0 come out? Is it a new version? I am asking because I am seeing new features such as multiple pricing that I don't believe I saw before when I downloaded my copy about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Now, if KonaKart was just upgraded within the last 2 or 3 weeks, do you recommend I start with a fresh installation or try to upgrade it? I haven't done much yet on my current installation. Thank you! I love the newer version as I am not encountering any errors!! Great job guys!

pete

Hi,

v2.2.4.0 came out on 19th March. If you haven't customized your current installation, maybe the best approach could be for you to install the new version and upgrade your current database database so that you don't lose any product / customer data etc.

egreenplace

Quote from: pete on March 23, 2008, 04:09:29 pm
Hi,

v2.2.4.0 came out on 19th March. If you haven't customized your current installation, maybe the best approach could be for you to install the new version and upgrade your current database database so that you don't lose any product / customer data etc.

Thanks Pete,

When I download the new KonaKart version and start the installation, will it be smart enough to overwrite my existing installation? Or, will I first have to uninstall current version or delete the KonaKart folder all together?

Thank you!

pete

Hi,

You should first uninstall your current version.