• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Multistore

Started by andresesfm, June 20, 2007, 01:39:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

andresesfm

Any plans to include multistore functionality?

Andres

paolo

Hi Andres,

We have discussed this internally. We've noticed that the term "Multistore" can mean different things depending who you are talking to. Could you give us a few more details about what you'd really want. i.e. Is it important to have just one database or just one instance of the KonaKart engine etc.?

Thanks,

Paolo

andresesfm

They way I understand it should be implemented is:

One database
One Admin Application instance with the ability to assign (and move) products between stores
Several Frontends that most likely will require several deployments of the app under different contexts.

Regards
Andres

paolo

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the details. This type of functionality isn't in our immediate
"ToDo" list, but things could change if we get more requests, since we like
to focus on the requirements that come directly from our users.

We do have one user (that we know of) who is implementing a number of
instances of KonaKart to create multiple stores. However, in his case each
store has different products, and so he has one database with a different user
for each store, so that each store can point to different tables. Also, unlike in
your scenario there are many admin app instances, each of which only
concentrates on one store without the possibility of moving products
between stores.

-Paolo

andrew123

Paolo,

I am interested in doing something simalar to your previous post. Is there any examples available to provide, or could you give me some resources to attempt to design such functionality?

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

paolo

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure that I fully understand your requirements. Are they that you'd like to use KonaKart to manage multiple stores like this ?

We do have one user (that we know of) who is implementing a number of
instances of KonaKart to create multiple stores. However, in his case each
store has different products, and so he has one database with a different user
for each store, so that each store can point to different tables. Also, unlike in
your scenario there are many admin app instances, each of which only
concentrates on one store without the possibility of moving products
between stores.

If that is the case, you can do it without having to customize KonaKart. The main work involved is in automating the installation of the multiple instances of KonaKart and deciding how many instances to run in a single Tomcat instance, in order to maximize performance and optimize memory usage etc. Let me know if I'm on the right track so that we can dig a little deeper.

Regards,

Paolo

andrew123

Paolo,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

That is what I want to do. I want to set up multiple unique instances of KonaKart- hence there will be a unique store_id in the database. The number of instances will vary and grow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

paolo

Hi Andrew,

For consulting purposes we've built tools to help automate the deployment process.

When Tomcat is used, we normally deploy about 10 instances of KonaKart for each Tomcat instance. Depending on the spec of the server, each server may have multiple Tomcat instances. The automation involved is to ensure that each instance of Tomcat uses unique ports and that each KonaKart instance has a unique URL and properties file which configures the database connection.

Here's a link to an annotated diagram that shows how you can achieve load balancing http://www.konakart.com/images/kkArchitecture.jpg .

If you'd like to disclose more details about your project so that we can give you some personalized help, please send a mail to support at konakart.com and we'll get back to you.

Thanks,

Paolo

Vishnu

Paolo

We have a similar question to what was asked last year in this thread. Using the same thread to continue the context.

We want to know if it is possible to

1.  have 1 Konakart Database, with multiple storefronts hosted on the same server?
2.  have the ability to publish catalogs that are different to each of these storefronts, with custom pricing of items?

Thanks much.

Vishnu

paolo

Hi Vishnu,

1.  have 1 Konakart Database, with multiple storefronts hosted on the same server

We are developing a multistore version of KonaKart. Our first version will require only one KonaKart instance for multiple stores, but each store will require its own DB schema. i.e. Its own instance of database tables.

2.  have the ability to publish catalogs that are different to each of these storefronts, with custom pricing of items?

Since each store has its own instance of tables, they can contain different catalogs.

Vishnu

Paolo

Thanks much for your rapid response. Are you able to share with us the roadmap or expected launch date for this multi-store version?

TIA.

Cheers.

Vishnu

paolo

Hi Vishnu,

I've sent you a mail with some details.

-Paolo

nhsoft

Quote from: paolo on September 24, 2008, 02:56:27 pm
Hi Vishnu,

1.  have 1 Konakart Database, with multiple storefronts hosted on the same server

We are developing a multistore version of KonaKart. Our first version will require only one KonaKart instance for multiple stores, but each store will require its own DB schema. i.e. Its own instance of database tables.

i need a multistore's version KonaKart with one DB schema, one KonaKart instance and support many stores, the product of store do not share between stores.

how to start to customize for my multistore's KonaKart.

thanks.

greg

Hi nhsoft,

We are very close to completing the multi-store code so you might want to wait for that to be released rather than trying to implement this yourself (which would be extremely difficult I think).

I can't tell you precisely when the multi-store release will be made available however because this hasn't been decided yet.

If you subscribe to the forum newsletter you will get to hear when it will be available.

-Greg

nhsoft

Quote from: greg on November 19, 2008, 04:45:17 pm
Hi nhsoft,

We are very close to completing the multi-store code so you might want to wait for that to be released rather than trying to implement this yourself (which would be extremely difficult I think).

I can't tell you precisely when the multi-store release will be made available however because this hasn't been decided yet.

If you subscribe to the forum newsletter you will get to hear when it will be available.

-Greg

thanks for your help.

is there any document about multi-store?

t