• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

image2, 3 and 4, what are they for?

Started by mdesjard, February 08, 2008, 07:06:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mdesjard

Hi,

I'm starting to upload images to my store. I set image1 to be the regular image to be displayed in lists. And then I set image2 to be the bigger image for when people "click to enlarge" but i realized that it's always image1 that is displayed.

So if I want a bigger image to be shown, I have to set image1 as the big image, but it makes list load slower because now it has to load all those bigger image and then crop them to the small size.

Where are image2, 3 and 4 supposed to be used?

Could I  configure the system to use image2 as the big version of the image? How do I do that?

Thanks

ming

Hi,

The idea is that you can do whatever you like with those images according to your chosen site design.   You have all the JSPs in the download kit so you can modify it as you please.

Regards,
Ming

mdesjard

ok, great!

So I went ahead and changed the jsp for the big image to use getImage2()

works perfectly

Thanks!

ming

Good stuff!   Thanks for letting us know.

We look forward to seeing your site.  Please send a link when it's ready!

Regards,
Ming

Daniele Cremonini

I took a while to find this thread. I want to make clean the rule used to display images.

- you have to save a "base name" of the image into the field named "Image 1".  Let's say for example msimpro.jpg. I called it "base name" because depending on it the jsp ProductDetailsBody.jsp will use this name to show other images in the way I explain below.

On the left (see demo site) you see 4 little images. On the right you see the image you clicked on the left but it's bigger.

1 - the filenames msimpro_1.jpg, msimpro_2.jpg, msimpro_3.jpg and msimpro_4.jpg will be used to show a little image on the left
2 - the filenames msimpro_1_big.jpg, msimpro_2_big.jpg, msimpro_3_big.jpg, msimpro_1_big.jpg will be used to show a little image on the left.

So the interface allows users inserting one filename to insert eight (filenames). Forgetting to upload one of the images will result in a broken page (the symbol of missing image will appear in the browser).

Daniele Cremonini

I see I wrote something mistaken in the second row.

I wanted to write:

2 - the filenames msimpro_1_big.jpg, msimpro_2_big.jpg, msimpro_3_big.jpg, msimpro_1_big.jpg will be used to show a BIG image on the RIGHT.