• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Database Exception With Oracle - Could not retrieve connection info from pool

Started by maggie, June 04, 2007, 09:19:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maggie

Hi,

I'm trying out the new KonaKart beta on Oracle but I'm getting an exception at startup when it's trying to connect to the database.

I'm pretty sure I've set up the parameters for Oracle as in the instructions - AFAIK.

Thanks for your help.

Here's the exception:

com.konakart.al.KKAppException: com.konakart.app.KKException: Unable to connect to the Database called oscommerce. Ensur
e that the database is running
and if so, check the database connection parameters in the konakart.properties file under WEB-INF/classes.
        at com.konakart.al.KKAppEng.<init>(KKAppEng.java:275)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.getClientEng(ConfigCacheUpdater.java:65)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.getCheckFlag(ConfigCacheUpdater.java:173)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.hasCheckFlagBeenSet(ConfigCacheUpdater.java:189)
        at com.konakart.al.ConfigCacheUpdater.run(ConfigCacheUpdater.java:118)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: com.konakart.app.KKException: Unable to connect to the Database called oscommerce. Ensure that the database i
s running
and if so, check the database connection parameters in the konakart.properties file under WEB-INF/classes.
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.initTorque(KKEng.java:196)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.init(KKEng.java:141)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.<init>(KKEng.java:98)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
        at com.konakart.al.KKAppEng.<init>(KKAppEng.java:238)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.torque.TorqueException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve connection
info from pool
        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:810)
        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:786)
        at org.apache.torque.Torque.getConnection(Torque.java:274)
        at com.konakart.app.KKEng.initTorque(KKEng.java:186)
        ... 14 more
Caused by: org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Could not retrieve connection info from pool
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java
:169)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:631)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.InstanceKeyDataSource.getConnection(InstanceKeyDataSource.java:615)
        at org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance.getConnection(TorqueInstance.java:803)
        ... 17 more
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException: Could not create a validated object
        at org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericKeyedObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericKeyedObjectPool.java:783)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource.getPooledConnectionAndInfo(SharedPoolDataSource.java
:165)

john

Hello Maggie,

Could it be that you haven't set the validation Query for Oracle to something that's legal?   This would be a common cause of this error - assuming you have all your other database parameters correctly defined.

This is one to watch out when using Oracle - we do have a little note on it on the website right at the bottom at:  http://www.konakart.com/installationfaq.php#Oracle_Validation_Query

(There are also some guidance notes in the properties files themselves to remind you).

I hope this solves your problem and you can run successfully with Oracle - please let us know!

Regards - John

maggie

Hi John,

Yes, that was the answer;  now I seem to be running the application with Oracle without any problems.  Thanks for your quick response.    :-*

Maggie