• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

SMTP Server, Secure, User, Password, etc. fields are all doubled in the Admin UI

Started by nickgk, February 05, 2008, 04:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nickgk

I am having trouble configuring my email settings in the admin app. It seems odd that the entry fields pertaining to the smtp server in the email options panel are all doubled. Has anyone experienced this? I looked at the database records in the 'configuration' table and they are not doubled there.  In email options panel I have the 'KonaKart mail properties filename' field blank. BTW, I am running the 2.2.2.0 version.

Many Thanks,
Nick

ming

Hello Nick,

Those fields are probably doubled up because you do have the records duplicated in the database.  I know you said you checked, but check again as this is the only explanation I can think of.  Are you sure you checked the correct database?

I have run the default 2.2.2.0 installation and do not have duplicates.

It's OK to have that mail properties filename left blank.

Regards,
Ming

nickgk

Indeed, they were doubled (embarrassed).  Thanks.  It makes me worry a bit about the sql scripts I ran to populate the db. I am running on OSX so i had to run konakart_demo.sql and then konakart_suppelmentary_demo.sql.  Is this the correct way to populate a fresh MySQL database manually?  The supplementary file had duplicate 'alter table' statements for the custom fields that I had to remove.

Regards,
Nick

ming

Hi Nick,

QuoteIt makes me worry a bit about the sql scripts I ran to populate the db.

If you haven't done much work with KonaKart yet I'd start again and next time run the right script.

The konakart_supplementary_demo.sql script is for when you're migrating from an existing osCommerce database.

For you, starting out from a fresh start, you should only have loaded only the konakart_demo.sql script.

Hence your duplicates.

Regards,
Ming

nickgk

Much appreciated....

I dropped the schema and created the db again from scratch using only the konakart_demo.sql file.  I am still having problems getting emails to work though. I have the debug flag turned on. Where can I see the debug output?

Regards,
Nick

ming

Hi Nick,

You should see a lot of debug in the catalina/tomcat log file.. not sure what it's called on OSX - maybe catalina.out?

Ming