• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Images wont display :-(

Started by msa, February 25, 2007, 01:47:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

msa

Hi

i just downloaded konakart a few days back..n its a very good online shopping cart application..thumbs up:-)

It took me a while to configure and run the back end (osCommerce Admin Application) , buts its finally working (A good java based admin application would be great). Im using Apache Web Sever 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.1(for osCommerce Admin), Java 5 and MySQL 5.0.24a and i believe Apache Tomcat is bundled with konakart.

Everythings working great except when adding images for a new product. As stated earlier im using osCommerce Admin. The new product gets added fine, but the image for the product does not display on the webpage of the newly added product.

Has anyone tried adding a new product and have encounted the same problem?

Thankx

Shaheem.   :(

msa

ok i was able to get the product image to be displayed..but i had to manually edit the products table in the database.

Im still using the demo setup..so my product image was located in the dvd folder of the images directory. I had to add "dvd/" to the product name under the product_name column..hence it became "dvd/myimage.jpg".

This worked. Is there any easier way of adding products and pictures without editing the database?

Thankx

Shaheem.  :)

paolo

Hi Shaeem,

Our admin application is very close to completion. It's just a matter of a few weeks now. We are using AJAX technology in order to provide a snappy user experience, so hopefully you'll like it.

Regarding the problem you have found, the osCommerce admin app uploads images to its htdocs\catalog\images directory since it knows nothing about KonaKart. Being a Java application running in a servlet engine, KonaKart requires its images to be relative to the webapps\konakart\images directory. Maybe rather than editing the database, a simpler solution could be for you to use the osCommerce admin tool to upload the images and then manually copy them (or write a simple script) from the htdocs\catalog\images to the webapps\konakart\images directory. In the database the products_image attribute will contain the name of the image with no directory name in front of it which means that KonaKart will pick it up directly from the webapps\konakart\images directory.

Hope this helps,

Paolo

msa

Hi Paolo,

Thank you very much for the explaination..it makes sense.  :-\ I will try and write a script.

I'v just been using konakart for 4-5days and its just great...and im already looking forward for the admin application...using AJAX should be super :)

I also have a question about installing paypal payment method. I'l have it under a separate topic so that its more organised.

Thankx again.

Shaheem

Quote from: paolo on February 25, 2007, 08:52:27 am
Hi Shaeem,

Our admin application is very close to completion. It's just a matter of a few weeks now. We are using AJAX technology in order to provide a snappy user experience, so hopefully you'll like it.

Regarding the problem you have found, the osCommerce admin app uploads images to its htdocs\catalog\images directory since it knows nothing about KonaKart. Being a Java application running in a servlet engine, KonaKart requires its images to be relative to the webapps\konakart\images directory. Maybe rather than editing the database, a simpler solution could be for you to use the osCommerce admin tool to upload the images and then manually copy them (or write a simple script) from the htdocs\catalog\images to the webapps\konakart\images directory. In the database the products_image attribute will contain the name of the image with no directory name in front of it which means that KonaKart will pick it up directly from the webapps\konakart\images directory.

Hope this helps,

Paolo