• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Can't add new product

Started by murthy64, January 26, 2008, 11:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

I seem to remember that there was a problem like this only when using Firefox which was fixed in v.2.2.0.6. The upload was actually working although the popup window was appearing every time.

iamcp

Thats true, I tried this in IE it works like a charm.
Thanks for the tip.

dhan

Hey,

I am having the same problem and can't able to save the changes. The SAVE/INSERT button is basically disabled. I tried adding all the required fields for the new product including category, no use. I did update the konakart_demo.sql file by hand and added a lot of products and categories. Hope that's allowed or do we need to use kkimport utility?.

When I tried to "edit" the existing product (by adding dependent products), can't able to "save" as well.

Am I missing something? I am on 2.2.6.0 version, trying in Windows XP.

Please help, I am desperately trying for the last several hours:). Thanks!.

--Dhan.

kate

You can edit the konakart_demo.sql script to add new products if you like but you have to obey the rules !!  For example you have to add the category and product descriptions in all your supported languages.

Check every tab to find the "yellow" fields and ensure they are populated - then you should get an enabled Save button.

Kate

dhan

Kate,

Can I ask another question.

If I edit a product using admin interface, I wonder whether the update is getting persisted. Does konakart_demo.sql get's updated?.

The reason is, I do all of the table update in my dev environment and I am wondering how would I install the changes in to QA/production environment.

Thanks for the help again
--Dhan.

dhan

BTW, thanks for the tip for my earlier problem. Once I took care of the locale, I could able to see the INSERT button while creating the new product.

Thanks!
--Dhan

kate

Hi Dhan,

QuoteCan I ask another question.

Yes :-)

QuoteIf I edit a product using admin interface, I wonder whether the update is getting persisted.

Yes, in the database, if you don't get an error or an exception...

QuoteDoes konakart_demo.sql get's updated?.

Never.  This is just for loading the database on installation.

QuoteThe reason is, I do all of the table update in my dev environment and I am wondering how would I install the changes in to QA/production environment.

You might be able to use the kkImporter/Exporter for this purpose... or you could write a little utility that uses the KonaKart Admin APIs to synchronise the databases in the manner you require...  or you could even use some generic database utilities as well...   It rather depends on your requirements.

Kate

dhan

Kate,

Thanks a bunch for all your help.

Another trivial question: I can't seem to add the attribute for the product. The attribute tab list my product option but doesn't let me to enter a value.

I have SKU field blank, does it matter.

Thanks for your great support,
--Dhan

kate

Hi Dhan,

It's very difficult for me to tell what state your data is in if you load it via a script you've written.   Are you absolutely sure you set all the values that were set in the konakart_demo.sql for loading products?  (and you haven't deleted any data that your values rely on for their integrity?)

If you can load a product using the Admin App itself and still get the problem it would be something we could look at.

It's OK to have a blank SKU field however.

Kate

dhan

Kate,

I took your advise and created all the products using admin tool. I could able to edit/insert the products cleanly. No problem. Regarding options, I didn't implement it properly earlier, now I am clear with that as well.

But the problem I am trying to solve is this.

I want to place a constraint on most of the products with the minimum order number. What I mean is, a given product can be added to the basket if only minimum specified number of quantity is selected.

I was thinking I can create an attribute (as the product option) to the product that can carry "minimum order number" for each product. I don't know that's the right approach.

BTW, thanks to you my application looks much cleaner now :-)
--Dhan.

julie

I think a better approach would be to use a custom field of the product.

dhan

yes, custom field is very handy and I could use it now.

Thanks Julie for the help!
--Dhan