• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Can't add new product

Started by murthy64, January 26, 2008, 11:35:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

murthy64

Hi
Just today I've downloaded the latest version. Under the admin login or catalog login, I am not able to create new products. Basically the SAVE button is disabled. Is there some licensing I need to enable the SAVE button for products.

Great effort guys!

Thanks
Murthy

kate

Hi,

The save button only gets enabled when there's a valid record to save.

The chances are you haven't got a valid record.

Check all the tabs and ensure there are no yellow (invalid) fields remaining.

Regards,
Kate

murthy64

Thank you Kate. It works great!

ming

Hi,

QuoteIs there some licensing I need to enable the SAVE button

Just to be clear on this, in KonaKart there are no such blocks anywhere in the code.   There are no limits at all in the free product like you see with some free software.

The product is free and there are only a few conditions of use:  http://www.konakart.com/documents/LICENSE.txt

The one clause that we ask users to pay particular attention to is clause 5 which states:

5. Recognition. You must add a "Powered by KonaKart" link in the form Powered by KonaKart either on the main page of the shopping cart application or on a credits page linked to from the main page.

Thanks,
Ming

egreenplace

I have the following configurations for my development box:

Image base URL:      http://localhost:8780/konakart/images/
Image base Path:   C:/Program Files/KonaKart/webapps/konakart/images

I tried to upload an image for the product, I tried the following combinations:

Image Path:   abc
Select Image: I selected an image

When I clicked the upload button, the application created a strange file without any extensions called "abc" in the C:/Program Files/KonaKart/webapps/konakart/images directory.

Then, I manually created the directory "abc" and executed the command again, and it gave me a popup saying that there was a problem writing to C:/Program Files/KonaKart/webapps/konakart/images/abc (Access Denied).

Is there something obvious I am doing wrong? Did anyone run into this problem before? Thanks!

ming

Hi,

The image path is the last part of the full path to the image file... therefore, if your image was product.jpg you would choose abc/product.jpg as the Image Path.

Yes, you do have to create the abc directory first, as you have done.

Regards,
Ming

egreenplace

Quote from: ming on February 07, 2008, 06:02:20 am
Hi,

The image path is the last part of the full path to the image file... therefore, if your image was product.jpg you would choose abc/product.jpg as the Image Path.

Yes, you do have to create the abc directory first, as you have done.

Regards,
Ming

Thanks Ming! That actually worked and allowed me to upload an image. My only other problem now is similar to the one that started this thread. I cannot save the new product! I went through all the tabs and made sure that none of the fields is yellow. To be accurate, here is the list of the fields that I actually filled out:

DESCRIPTION TAB
Product Name
Product Description

DETAILS TAB
Product Type
Tax Class
Price Ex Tax
Manufacturer
Model

IMAGES TAB
Image 1

The rest of the tabs did not show any yellow lines, although I also assigned a category.

What am I doing wrong? Why the Save button is disabled and I cannot click it? I am using the latest Firefox. Thank you so much for your quick responses, you guys rule!

Bonnie

julie

Hi Bonnie,

Did you add a product description and name for all languages ?

Julie

egreenplace

Quote from: julie on February 07, 2008, 06:35:36 am
Hi Bonnie,

Did you add a product description and name for all languages ?

Julie

Thanks Julie, your suggestion works! However, if I don't want to support multi-languages, how can I display the other two languages besides English? I removed the links to other languages, and I don't want to see our partners having to type in the product name and description in all three languages. Thank you.

Bonnie

julie

Hi,

If you don't want to support multiple languages, you just need to remove the languages that you don't want from the DB. You can do this using the Admin App in the section Localizations>>Languages.

Julie

egreenplace

Quote from: julie on February 07, 2008, 04:00:20 pm
Hi,

If you don't want to support multiple languages, you just need to remove the languages that you don't want from the DB. You can do this using the Admin App in the section Localizations>>Languages.

Julie

Thanks a lot Julie! I will check into that.

Bonnie

rula

Hi KonaKarts,

I can't add a new product.
I step through the first 3 tabs (descriptions, details, images).
Nothing is still yellow, but the new button is disabled.
What's the problem!?

regards, rula

julie

Keep on going. You need to add a category as well.

rula

Oh julie,
sure, every new product must be assigned to a category, but when!
The yellow helpers are fine, but I can' t rely on it, the checkboxes under categories were not yellow, what a pity!

regards, rula

iamcp

Hi,
Cannot upload images in the admin application. I the server.xml i have changed the <Context path="/iamcp" docBase="C:\konakart\webapps\konakart" /> .

Image base URL: http://localhost:8080/iamcp/images/

Image base Path:    C:/konakart/webapps/konakart/images

Image Path:   /Dell_logo.png

Select Image: C:\DELL\Dell_logo.png

The error message is given below as a pop up message.

There has been a problem with the upload
<pre>
</pre>

Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.