• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Shipping method, pick up on the branch

Started by mart.in.ruza@seznam.cz, May 21, 2007, 02:57:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mart.in.ruza@seznam.cz

Hello,

I just want to know, if there is in the roadplan, new shipping method pick up on the branch. I have situation we have two shops in two cities and I want customers to come to one or the other shop and pay there.. but orderes should be done eletronically on the net... The next problem is to define quantity of stock of the product to each branch. It is possible to be solved in the future???

paolo

Hello,

As you are probably aware, KonaKart has a modular architecture so that shipping modules can be easily added or removed. To solve your problem, I think that you could use the Cash on Delivery module that we already supply, by just changing the wording so that it doesn't say Cash on Delivery on the UI. This module allows a user to enter an order and complete the checkout process without paying for it.

When someone comes to one of your shops to pay, you can change the status of the order through the admin app to identify that it has been paid. Also you could use a couple of the custom fields on product object to keep the stock level present in each branch. It would be the responsibility of the shop owner to decrement the quantity (through the Admin App) every time a customer comes in to pay.

Let me know if this solution could solve your problem.

Thanks,

Paolo