• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

AT installation SQL execution failed.

Started by Geetha, January 18, 2008, 07:32:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Geetha

HI,

I have a problem in installation, i am using mysql database connection is successful. after that i have an error "SQL execution failed."

" Message:   You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IF EXISTS KK_IF' at line 1
SQLState:  42000
ErrorCode: 1064"

pls help me to resolve this error............

kate

Hi,

Which version of MySQL are you using?

Kate

Geetha

Hi,
        I am using MySQL Server 4.1 for database.........

kate

Hi,

Up until v2.2.0.7 and from release v2.2.1.0, MySQL 4.1 is supported.  Are you using KonaKart 2.2.1.0?

If so, there are three options I can think of:

* Upgrade to a new version of MySQL - 5 or above, ideally, and re-run the installation

* Use one of the other supported databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, DB2, MS SQL Server)

* Continue with MySQL 4.1 but load the tables manually after the installation

If you decide to load the tables and data manually you will have to modify the script at database/MySQL/konakart_demo.sql by modifying the "IF EXISTS" statements which MySQL 4.1 doesn't like.  Once the modified script is executed successfully, KonaKart will run fine on MySQL 4.1

Regards,
Kate

Geetha

hi,

I find the query in database/MYSQL/konakart-demo.sql.
     "{ Create a KK_IF function which for MySQL is a wrapper around the IF function (but we can't use IF on all databases)
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS KK_IF;
#CREATE FUNCTION KK_IF (test int, a decimal(15,4), b decimal(15,4)) RETURNS decimal(15,4) deterministic return IF(test, a, b)"  }"

now, what have to do? by deleting this or i have to change something in this query...

thanks and regards,
geetha

Geetha

Quote from: Geetha on January 18, 2008, 01:10:55 pm
hi,

I find the query in database/MYSQL/konakart-demo.sql.
     "{ Create a KK_IF function which for MySQL is a wrapper around the IF function (but we can't use IF on all databases)
DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS KK_IF;
#CREATE FUNCTION KK_IF (test int, a decimal(15,4), b decimal(15,4)) RETURNS decimal(15,4) deterministic return IF(test, a, b)"  }"

now, what have to do? by deleting this or i have to change something in this query...

thanks and regards,
geetha

kate

For MySQL, you no longer need the KK_IF function
Kate

Geetha

Hi,

Thank you, now my Konakart application working well. I install my db successfully.......

Thanks & Regards,
    Geetha..............

kate

Good news!
Thanks for letting us know,
Kate

ajx

Hi,
        Can any1 help me plz.....
        I got sql exception after successfully connecting to database from db2.but after that it gives error while executing sql quaries.
        I'm using Db2 9 on vista.
        Plzzz help me i'm in trouble.... :(
         Thanks In Advance....

greg

Hi,

We test on DB2 9.5 as one of our QA platforms so I'm not sure why you're seeing exceptions.

What exceptions are you seeing, you didn't say?

How did you install?

Greg