• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Trying to install konakart to dailyrazor.com hosting company

Started by tomtom, December 30, 2007, 02:44:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtom

Hi,
Can someone share some light on how i can install konakart on dailyrazor hosting company.
I'm currently using their RazorAdvance hosting plan where they provide a java private tomcat for me.
That mean that i have my own personal tomcat. meow  :-* :-*

http://www.dailyrazor.com/java/private_tomcat.php

Since i don't have the ability to use the konakart gui installation version, i decided to use the silent version.
Before i start the installation on razor hosting, i initially install konakart on my personal linux machine using the silent version method.
I notice after the installation, konakart uses it's own tomcat.

If i use the tomcat server given by my hosting company, how do i integrate konakart into it.

Please help ? Thanks :- ) 

I try running the silent konakart version  and i got errors on their machine:

[joyce520@dz18 cartSoftware]$ ./KonaKart-2.2.1.0-Linux-Install -S -DDatabaseType mysql -DDatabaseUrl jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/zakka -DDatabaseUsername jozakka -DDatabasePassword zakka123 -DDatabaseDriver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver -DInstallationDir /home/jozakka/konakart -DDBLoad 1  -DJavaJRE /usr/java/latest/jre -DPortNumber 80
failed to load library "/installkitvfs/lib/itcl/libitcl3.3.so": could not load file from temp location
    while executing
"load /installkitvfs/lib/itcl/libitcl3.3.so Itcl"
    ("package ifneeded" script)
    invoked from within
"package require Itcl"
    (in namespace eval "::" script line 3212)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval $namespace $::InstallJammer::files($file)"
    (procedure "SourceCachedFile" line 3)
    invoked from within
"SourceCachedFile common.tcl"
    (procedure "::InstallJammer::InitInstall" line 8)
    invoked from within
"::InstallJammer::InitInstall"
    (file "/installkitvfs/main.tcl" line 30566)

ming

Hi TomTom,

What I would do in this case is to get it set up and working on your local Linux machine then copy the konakart, konakartadmin and birt-viewer webapps up to your tomcat on the server.

Once there you will have to modify the database settings in your konakart.properties and konakartadmin.properties files.

Then restart your tomcat and check your log... 

Regards,
Ming

ming

Hello again,

Another alternative is to package up your webapps as WARs and use the tomcat manager provided by DailyRazor to deploy them for you.

Ming

tomtom

Wow...you guys are quick to response :- )
I appreciate your help on this. Your suggestion was right on the spot  ;D

I got konakart working but got another blocker listed below.

I got a problem though...i just found out from my dailyrazor hosting company rep
that it is against their policy for java application to listen on port 5001 for  'SOAPMonitorService' service.

Is it ok to disable this and what is the consequences of doing so ?
Does that mean konakart will not work at all ?

This is at ~/public_html/konakart/WEB-INF/web.xml' file
     where  'SOAPMonitorService' service listed. They want me to disable this servlet.

<!--    <servlet>
                <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
                <display-name>SOAPMonitorService</display-name>
                <servlet-class>
                     org.apache.axis.monitor.SOAPMonitorService
                </servlet-class>
                <init-param>
                     <param-name>SOAPMonitorPort</param-name>
                     <param-value>5001</param-value>
                </init-param>
                <load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup>
           </servlet>
    -->

Please help  :P

ming

Hi TomTom,

Yes, you can disable the SOAPMonitorService completely..  it's only for diagnostics and can be ignored.

Ming

tomtom

hmmm...after deleting SOAPMonitorService servlet, the konakart application fail to load up on my site.
Any idea why ? I'm guess it require it..... please help  :(

Thanks  ;D

This is what i got back:
HTTP Status 404 - /konakart/Welcome.do

type Status report

message /konakart/Welcome.do

description The requested resource (/konakart/Welcome.do) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.15

ming

tomtom

Not sure if this helps but the konakartadmin works.
I could bring the konakartadmin site up and browse thru it.
It is the konakart site that is not working after i took out SOAPMonitorService from web.xml

ming

Hi,

There's a SOAPMOnitorService in the konakartadmin web.xml to remove as well.

It works OK for me...   did you also remove the servlet-mapping ?

Check the tomcat log...  the answers are usually in there!

Ming

tomtom

hehe... you right....  ::)

I did not delete the servlet mapping for that. Thanks.
Add this here for folk to refer to :- )

[delete this also]
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>SOAPMonitorService</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/SOAPMonitor</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Thanks. You awesome  !  ;D

tomtom

on a side note, is it possible to have the konakart url taken out ?

For example:
http://currentURL/konakart/Welcome.do to be http://currentURL/Welcome.do instead ?

Bare in mind, i will still have this "Power by konakart" on the footer of the site.

I notice this is due to my /home/joyce520/www/konakart dir listed.... i think

Any suggestion on this? Thanks again for your help on this.  ;D

ming

Hi,

I think you just need to make some modifications to your conf/server.xml... perhaps this will help:  http://www.konakart.com/forum/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Ming

dotskillz

I am installing konakart on dailyrazor.com as well and I have the latest version of konakart on my server. I am able to get everything running on my local machine. I uploaded the application on dailyrazor and I was able to get most of the application running on daily razor. My problem is that I am not able to "check out" my shopping cart. When I try to "check out" with my shopping cart goods I get a blank screen in the body of the webpage. I am able to see the right and left tiles on the page though. I don't see any errors in my tomcat log file. Does anyone know where I should be looking to fix this problem? THANKS

ryan

Hi,

If you have the one page checkout feature enabled, it uses javascript code for checkout. Ensure that you have this code installed. Under webapps\konakart you should have a few files with names like B3DF3793ED2A829447B053C02C4616AD.cache.js and FF794A1F21C2D14854727122D67690B6.cache.html.

Ryan

dotskillz

Ryan,

I cant believe that I over looked those files. I thought those files were cache files and that they could be deleted cause they would be regenerated. Now i am able to reach the check out pages. THANKS! The only problem is that now I am getting a message saying

Unfortunately we have encountered a malfunction.
Please contact the system administrator.

This application is out of date, please click the refresh button on your browser
This application is out of date, please click the refresh button on your browser

Do you know under what circumstances I would get this type of message? Also.. do I need to activate SSL? dailyrazor uses SSL port 443. THANKS