• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Building a database

Started by shop1mickeyb, December 29, 2007, 12:35:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shop1mickeyb

Hi,

I've download KonaKart/Java/MySQL & I need to put it with a database with the ultimate aim of building a online shop (domain & host not yet set up) but as I've only ever used MS Access VBA. So I don't really know what I'm doing. Do I just build everything in MySQL in er SQL in which case I need to learn about MySQL or is there a way of using MS Access to build my database.

Regards,

Mickey.

ming

Hey Mickey,

I'd follow the installation instructions carefully and install using the GUI installer.

Before you run that you'll need to set up your MySQL database - create a new database for KonaKart and a username and a password which you'll use during the installation.  The installer checks these credentials (do not proceed until you get these right!) and loads all the tables and data into the database automatically.

Once you've completed a successful installation you're away!   You modify the behaviour of the application by re-coding the JSPs and the java (if you're not familiar with java you will have quite a steep learning curve to climb to be able to program these areas).  You can change the appearance by modifying the graphics and the stylesheets etc.

MS Access is not one of the supported databases.

You don't need to learn very much about MySQL - other than how to set it up.

Regards,
Ming