• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

PayPal and Shipping

Started by sfsylz, May 08, 2007, 05:51:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sfsylz

I turned on PayPal the other day and I have received my first payment with it - but the payment I received did not have the shipping cost added to it!

Any ideas on why this happened? I'm using flat rate shipping.

Cheers,
Steve

sfsylz

Actually, I'm using per item shipping.

Also, are there any instructions on setting up the zones? - I'm going to be explanding to other countries soon and the shipping costs are going to change for each country.

Cheers,
Steve

paolo

Hi Steve,

I've just tested PayPal with shipping per item and it seems to add the shipping so I'm not sure what is going wrong at your end. I've attached the PayPal screen shot.

sfsylz

I have tried mine a couple of times and the shipping definitely isn't coming up. I have the shipping cost set but the handling fee is 0. Does that make a difference?

sfsylz

Also, I don't suppose that there have been updates in the last couple of versions? I haven't updated since the version where the admin app debuted.

paolo

Hi Steve,

Could you check in the Admin tool whether shipping appears in the invoice ?

I also have handling set to zero and as far as I'm aware there haven't been changes recently in the PayPal module.

Cheers,

Paolo

paolo

We've added a section to the configuration faq that explains how the Zones Shipping module can be configured.

http://www.konakart.com/configurationfaq.php#shippingzones

Just one thing to bear in mind is that the current version of the module doesn't dynamically refresh its configuration data (requires a Tomcat reboot) . The problem has already been fixed and will be available in the next release. If you'd like an immediate resolution, you can compile the attached source code (Zones.java).

Cheers,

Paolo

sfsylz

The only thing that is appearing in the invoice (under Orders - button invoice) is the order number and the date. The same is true for the packing slip. There is a 'Customer:' heading but nothing follows that. Is there somewhere that I can configure what appears in the invoice and packing slip?

Thanks for the information on the zones and I am definitely upgrading to the next version with the dynamic upgrade. Too many times have I changed something and and decided to do a reboot of Tomcat later and a couple of hours later, the shopping cart has crashed.  Is that dynamic update for all the modules in the admin tool?

paolo

The invoice and packing slips are configurable through Velocity templates which can be found under KonaKart\webapps\konakartadmin\WEB-INF\classes . However, the standard templates we deliver should give you something that looks like the Order Invoice Image at http://www.konakart.com/adm.php .

Dynamic upgrade was introduced in version 2.2.0.1 (see http://www.konakart.com/CHANGES.txt ) for all configuration variables. It's just that the shipping modules, Table and Zones, have static tables in them containing the shipping costs and these weren't getting updated. I've attached Table.java just for good measure in case you need to use it rather than Zones.java.

sfsylz

Nope, definitely doesn't look anything like that.  :)  Like I said, it gets to the 'Customer:' part and then ends.

I suppose I'll have to dig into it a little deeper...