• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Where is admin username and password saved?

Started by egreenplace, December 25, 2007, 06:48:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

egreenplace

I reset the username and password for the admin application a while back and I forgot what it is. I tried to add the following in konakartadmin.properties and it did not do anything when I restarted the server:

konakart.security.disabled=false
konakart.session.durationMinutes=30
konakart.login.attempts=3
konakart.login.blockedmins=10
konakart.admin.user=KonaKart
konakart.admin.password=princess

I couldn't log on with that username/password after restart. I checked the tables in the database, and there is no users table. How can I reset usernames and passwords? Is there a table I can modify manually? Is there a config file I can change? Anything... without having to reinstall everything. Thanks!

julie

The latest versions of KonaKart use role based security for the Admin App. Admin App users and customers are all stored in the customers table so an admin app user can also log into the application (although not the other way around  :)). What you should do is to enter into the forgotten passwords section of the application and have a new password sent to you.

kate

Hi,

Which version of KonaKart are you running?

If 2.2.0.7 or later see this:  http://www.konakart.com/installationfaq.php#Default_Admin_App_Credentials

You can use the Admin App to reset passwords.

You could also run an update on the customers table to set the password back to "princess":  Here's the insert statement that's provided in konakart_demo.sql in the download kits:

INSERT INTO customers (customers_gender, customers_firstname, customers_lastname,customers_dob, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_password, customers_newsletter, customers_type) VALUES ('m', 'Andy', 'Admin', '1977-01-01 00:00:00', 'admin@konakart.com', -1, '019081', '', 'f5147fc3f6eb46e234c01db939bdb581:08', '0', 1);

Kate

egreenplace

Thank you for the reply. I actually needed to re-insert the admin@konakart.com manually through mysql console. I just copied and pasted what Kate had in her previous post.

Then (very important), I needed to change kk_customers_to_role table to insert/update the admin data with role_id = 1 (which is admin as opposed to customer). That did the trick! Thanks so much guys.