• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Return to last location after adding to cart

Started by florin, December 20, 2007, 11:35:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

florin

Guys you have a great product.

I strongly believe it could be even better if it can be improved in this area:

Whenever a buyer adds items to the cart or simply goes to see cart contents, the application should return the buyer to the last viewed location, i.e. the very /category/item/... that was browsed last.

This is very, very important to a user's positive experience.

In a scenario where you have about 3-4 levels to a category, it would be a nightmare to navigate to the last location after something had been added to the cart - on and on until shopping is complete.

I plan to use this cart for selling residential door hardware. Locks come in styles, colors and function. A house may have 20-30 locks and them some: door stoppers, bathroom items, etc. You certainly would not like to shop on my site providing the current configuration.

Now, you guys already have done a great job already. I don't mean to be critical but constructive.

Regards,

Florin G.

ryan

Hi Florin,

My doubt on your suggestion is why a shopper would want to return to a product that he's just decided to buy. Surely he's already looked at the details and made his decision, added it to the cart and now wants to move on to a new item ?

Regards,

Ryan

florin

Simply because it's been the last place visited.

It is natural that I want to continue where I left off, is it not. You wouldn't want to go back to front door of the grocery store once you placed the milk in your basket and now want whip cream?

Konakart is displaying items in hierarchical order. I would not want to start anew navigating back to the CATEGORY of the last item once the item was placed in the cart.

A good compromise would be to NOT show the item in the cart when placed in the cart - just notify the buyer that the item has been stored. Now the  buyer is free to "back button" or go some place else on the site.

Florin G.

ryan

It is natural that I want to continue where I left off, is it not. You wouldn't want to go back to front door of the grocery store once you placed the milk in your basket and now want whip cream?

But if I want a bottle of wine, it may be closer to the front door than the aisle selling dairy products !

Anyway there are many ways of getting back to where you were:

• The category tile continues to show the current category highlighted so you could click on that.

• You can click on the product in the cart tile and get back to it  that way.

• You can use the browser back button.

• If the manufacturer tile is set to show manufacturers in a list, the current manufacturer remains highlighted so you can click on that to display all products for that manufacturer.

-Ryan