• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Integration via XML with trading partners

Started by jaket, April 22, 2007, 10:18:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jaket

Hello,

Congratulations - KonaKart looks excellent!

We have been evaluating shopping carts recently from OsCommerce to ZenCart and even X-Cart, but none have had the scalability or flexibility (especially the modular architecture) that we have seen with KonaKart.

I just have a question in regard to integration: With KonaKart what usual time frame would be expected to integrate KonaKart via XML with our suppliers (eg. Ingram Micro)? (stock availability, ETAs, orders, returns etc.) In other words, will it end up costing hundreds of thousands of dollars or is it generally "easily" done?

Thanks for your help.

Jake.

john

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your comments and I'm glad you have found the scalability and flexibility to be a big advantage.

Since we understand that integration with other systems is of critical importance to many of the larger shops, we have been very careful to produce an architecture that supports this as elegantly as possible.   We have focused our attention on making this integration as simple as possible from the very start by creating a comprehensive API (also available as a SOAP XML web service). Our own applications (KonaKart store and admin app) only communicate to the business logic through this API.

Therefore, we should be very well positioned to make all integration efforts as quick, simple and maintainable as they could be.

Indeed, we are keen to see you become successful with KonaKart and will prioritize the development of any new integration points that we feel will be useful to others in the future. Also we would be very pleased to help you with any bespoke integration at a very reasonable cost, as well as providing general maintenance and support if that is important for you.

In passing.. there are some exciting new developments coming soon with KonaKart...  I expect a very flexible reporting system will be available in the next release (perhaps 2 weeks away), and a comprehensive new promotions facility should follow in the release after that (probably another 2 weeks after that one - which is approx end of May).

Regards,

John