• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Stock for different product options

Started by Steveinjava, December 10, 2007, 10:42:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveinjava

Hi everyone! I sell products that are made in many colours. So I set up each product with a colour option.
As far as I can see the stock level is based on the product so its a useless feature. (If I am out of blue then its no good showing "In stock" for example)
This is the same problem I had with the old shopping cart I have used (Astrosell) and I ended up just ignoring options and having each colour as a seperate product.
If I need to do this so be it - The addition of new products would be much aided by a "copy existing product" button.
Sorry to just ask for new features but I might be prepared to help write/test such developments if others can confirm they are currently not in development.

ryan

As far as I can see the stock level is based on the product so its a useless feature.

If you take a look at the product details ( http://www.konakart.com/productdetails.php ) and / or try editing a product using the Admin App you'll see that this isn't the case. Each color can have a separate quantity and SKU.

The addition of new products would be much aided by a "copy existing product" button.

Once you are in "insert mode" every time you click save it will insert a new product. Therefore just change the things you need to change and then click save again. There is also an import feature which could be useful for you.

Steveinjava

Ryan, thanks for the quick reply! I see what you mean about the insert mode- It had happened to me by mistake and I hadn't thought of it as a useable feature.

Sorry I can't understand the product option/ individual stock stuff though. You can add a single numeral field to each Attribute but it adds or takes away currency from the price- Not a stock level.
The only stock level field (That I can see) is on the Details page under Quantity and there is just one per product.

I am very new to KonaKart (But already very impressed) so sorry for the basic questions.

I tried importing but my existing db has so many old products I no longer want it was better to just start afresh + do a bit of a tidy up while I was at it.

ryan

Sorry I can't understand the product option/ individual stock stuff though

You need to click on the "Quantities" tab once you have set up attributes for the product. Here is the online help for that tab:

This screen is used when you need to assign different quantities to a product based on its attributes. For example if you have a shirt that comes in various colors and sizes, you will probably want to know how many you have in stock for the various color / size combinations.

If the product has no attributes, then this screen has no purpose. If the product does have attributes, you can set the quantity in stock and SKU for each combination by using the quantity and SKU fields on each row of the table. If any of the rows is set to a number other than zero, then the product quantity attribute (in the details tab) is ignored. If all rows are set to zero, then the value in the product quantity attribute is used. Therefore, in order to guarantee accurate results, the product quantity attribute should be set to zero when you intend using this feature.

When inserting a product this screen will be empty because it can only display data based on product attributes that do not yet exist. You must save the product, click the Back button and then edit the product in order to insert SKU / quantity data.

Steveinjava

Ryan, this sounds just what is needed...Unfortunately I cannot find any quantity tab even if I click back after editing.
I guess I am overlooking something obvious here- sorry :)
Can you give me explicit instructions how to find it- Maybe it only appears under certain conditions? I even tried MSIE incase it was a FireFox feature.

heidi

Hello,

Look for "Quantities" under edit product.  I can't understand why you don't see it?

It's clearly visible on the screenshots here:  http://www.konakart.com/adm.php - look under "edit product".

Do you see something else?

Heidi

Steveinjava

Heidi, no I do not have the Quantities tab on my admin screen. Is it an enhancement since the version I am using? I am using the version installed by default for me by eApps (my web host) which is Version Number : 2.2.0.4

Steveinjava

Heidi, I got round to checking the changes.txt file in KonaKart and it shows that the Quantities tab was added with version 2.2.0.5.
I will get my version updated and save everyones time!  ;D

heidi

Mystery solved then...  this was introduced in version 2.2.0.5 - see http://www.konakart.com/CHANGES.txt

We're now on version 2.2.1.0...  it's available for download.

There are many changes since 2.2.0.4..  I would encourage you to upgrade asap.

Heidi

Steveinjava

Heidi, I have done so now on my local (Windoz) pc and its a superb product.
BTW EApps, who I usually cannot praise enough, will not upgrade from an old version of KonaKart for an indeterminate time nor even support me manually installing it on their servers >:( so I will develop on my pc.

heidi

Hello Steve,

We were in touch with eApps about the version of KonaKart that they offer and they're in the process of upgrading to Cent OS 5 with which they will offer the latest KonaKart version.   Generally speaking, I've always been impressed with how eApps make the latest versions of products available to their customers - although, currently, KonaKart is lagging behind a bit :-(

As for support, you can always get that from KonaKart  :)

Heidi