• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Running KonaKart as Service on Windows

Started by himanshu, August 24, 2018, 05:49:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

himanshu

Konakart : 8.9.0 (Community Edition)
Java : 8u181

Hi,

I installed KonaKart on my windows machine (default Tomcat that comes with KonaKart kit). It runs flawlessly if I start it from the desktop Icon or from command prompt with StartKonaKart.bat. I am trying to run Konakart as a service on Windows Server with the following command :

C:\Konakart\bin>service install
The tomcat8.exe was not found...
The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly.
This environment variable is needed to run this program

I get the above error. While troubleshooting, I found that {KonaKart}\bin folder does not have Tomcat.exe.

Was anyone able to run this version of KonaKart as a Service on Windows machine?
How is this version of KonaKart referencing Tomcat because I did not find Tomcat.exe anywhere in the C:\KonaKart folder ?

Thank You.

Brian

Thanks for reporting this. 

The tomcat bundle used for the v8800 and v8900 releases was the base package and not the Windows-specific packages.  It is in these Windows-specific tomcat bundles where you'll find tomcat8.exe etc..

We've made a patch that contains the files that you'll need to install KonaKart as a service in Windows.

Please see https://www.konakart.com/downloads/patch-releases/

You have to download the zip file, unzip the files into the bin directory of your KonaKart installation and then you should be able to install KonaKart as it describes in the User Guide.