• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Best APIs to use?

Started by smudge, June 13, 2018, 11:30:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

smudge

I see that you have POJO, SOAP, RMI and JSON APIs. If I'm just getting started which ones would you recommend I use?

julie

If you are connecting to the KonaKart engine from a Java program running in the same application server webapp, then I would use the POJO APIs.

If you are connecting to the KonaKart engine from a Java program running on another server or a different webapp of the same server, then I would use the JSON APIs, which are almost as fast. You don't actually have to construct the JSON because you can make Java calls to com.konakart.json.KKJSONEng (which adheres to the same interface as com.konakart.app.KKEng) and the JSON plumbing is looked after for you.

If you are communicating using a JavaScript application then we have a JavaScript library called jquery.konakart-x.x.x.x.js that converts our standard API calls into JSON messages and sends them to the KonaKart engine over AJAX.

We also have facilitators to simplify the task of connecting to KonaKart using a .Net application using the JSON APIs.

For any other technology I would also recommend JSON.

Brian

Just in case you were unaware....   We also provide the same APIs through JAXWS  - this is in addition to the Axis 1.4 SOAP APIs.

Nowadays it seems that the JSON APIs are the most popular for the remote calls.