• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Regarding Konakart dependent Products

Started by Vishk, June 09, 2017, 08:02:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vishk

Hi,
    My query is regarding the behavior of Dependent Products, as it is same as any other normal product but if we take a case of a Mobile Phone as a Product and Extended Warranty as a Dependent Product

1) Here in Konakart dependent Products and Accessories are shown in a separate tile in which user can click any dependent product and view it's details, description, review etc and add to cart.
2) But if you take an example of any other leading e-commerce website's the dependent products are just added to cart based on a simple checkbox selection(Checkbox selection option for extended warranty, insurance etc).
Please advice me how to change the behavior of a dependent product i mean i don't want it to be normal product with Product Details Page, i just want it to be added to cart if a customer had selected a checkbox.

Thanks in advance.

julie

I'm not sure what the problem is? You have access to the dependent products so you can display them next to a checkbox or whichever way you want, and you can automatically add them to the cart in the struts action class if that's what you want to do.

If you don't want them to be found during a normal search just make them invisible.