• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Category list not properly populated when accessing some url

Started by nclemeur, December 05, 2007, 04:35:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nclemeur

Hello,

It seems that the categories tile is not properly displayed when you access the site using some URL (without going first to the home page). For example, if you try,

http://www.konakart.com/konakart/PrivacyNotice.do

directly. The categories tile is empty.

Cheers

Nicolas

Burz

I've noticed this too. It's a bug that limits the site's sales appeal when new shoppers go directly to a product page they found from a search engine, link from a friend or newsletter, etc.

I encourage the KonaKart developers to fix this one, as its probably the application's biggest UI flaw.

pete

Hi Burz,

We're keen to remove our biggest UI flaw  :) so what you need to do is to edit CategoriesTile1.jsp and add the line shown in red. Let me know if it works for you.

-Pete

<div class="tile-content">
   <bean:define id="kkEng" name="konakartKey" type="com.konakart.al.KKAppEng"/>
   <bean:define id="catMgr" name="kkEng" property="categoryMgr" type="com.konakart.al.CategoryMgr"/>
   <bean:define id="catList" name="catMgr" property="catMenuList" type="java.util.List"/>
   <bean:define id="currentCat" name="catMgr" property="currentCat" type="com.konakart.appif.CategoryIf"/>                           
         <p>      
               <% if (catList.size() == 0) kkEng.reset();%>                           
            <logic:iterate id="cat" name="catList" type="com.konakart.appif.CategoryIf">   
               <% if (cat.isSelected()){%>

Burz

Thank you Pete. I will let you know shortly if it works.

Burz

I inserted this into the jsp as directed, but its causing the 'home' page or other product page to load instead of the one corresponding to the url.

This only happens when the session is expired/does not yet exist and 'redir=true' is specified in the URL (which is most of the time).

Burz

BTW - The category tile no longer shows as empty after the change, but I'd have to say that the modification doesn't work.

pete

Hi,

Can you post the URL that you are testing with ?

Thx,

Pete

Burz

http://www.thecrystalshard.com/shop/SelectProd.do?prodId=54&redir=true&manufacturer=nature&category=Thumbnail&name=Aquamarine%20Crystal%20-%20Namibia&model=Thumbnail

Then try removing '&redir=true' from the url. Also, if you click on a different product (say in another browser tab) then access the above url, the other product will be shown not the one that belongs to id 54.

BTW I'm mainly using Firefox 2.x to test, but have also tested this in Safari, Opera and Konqueror.

pete

Hi Burz,

I see the problem now. My fix was a bit too simplistic (looks like it only worked for http://www.konakart.com/konakart/PrivacyNotice.do and broke everything else  :( ). My suggestion is to put CategoriesTile1.jsp back to how it was and we'll look for a proper fix in the next release.

-Pete

pete