• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Admin validations

Started by ramanujs, December 02, 2007, 07:31:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ramanujs

We need to change some of the validations for Admin. Like we should be able to enter "1:10"  in the title field.
Please let us know how we can customize it.

ming

Hi,

We're planning to provide configurable validation for all fields in the Admin App in a future release.  This should give the flexibility you need here.

Ming

rula

Hi konakarts,
Only a certain subset of fields can have their validation overridden in this way, but if you need other fields to be made available for validation please get in touch with support at KonaKart.

is configurable validation of non product fields in admin app available in the current release?

regards, rula

kate

Hi,

We haven't had any requests for other fields and haven't added anything to the product field validation that you refer to.

Which fields did you want to be able to configure validation for?

-Kate

rula

Hi kate,

recently ryan answered for new configuration parameters. e.g. I need validation for a new config parameter MAX_PRODUCTS_PER_ROW to display the products in the jsp. This parameter have to be validated e.g. for int and range.

regards, rula

kate

Yes, you can add validation for that one.

You might like to try syntax such as used for 'MAX_DISPLAY_DEPENDENT_PRODUCTS':

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Dependent Products', 'MAX_DISPLAY_DEPENDENT_PRODUCTS', '6', 'Maximum number of products to display in the \'Warranties\' box', '3', '23', 'integer(0,null)', now());

I mean, the integer(0,null) - definition.   This validates that field to be an integer greater than or equal to 0.

You can also use integer(0,10) for high and low values in your required range.

(This is the "set_function")

-Kate

rula

Hi kate,

thank you, it works, seems to be js funktions in libs of the gwt.
It seems there are also functions for double, select options and others, which I could not associate.

regards, rula

rula

Hi kate,

additionally set functions for list classes in pull downs and get functions for select single fields of this classes, interesting  ;) , regards, rula