• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Assign license to Products after checkout

Started by nycbubbles, December 01, 2007, 03:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nycbubbles

Hi

We are trying to send our customer a id/license number for each product they purchased. We could send it or store it where they could view it under "my account". I looked into our payment action class under com/konakart/actions/gateways. I'm able to view the list of products user bought and the deails of the order.  I could modify each OrderProductIf object in the array returned by order.getOrderProducts().  There is not custom fields so I appended the user's license key at the end of the product name for each OrderProductIf in the array. 

How could my modified product name be stored during transaction and sent to users? Other better suggestions are welcome!!!

thanks!

ryan

Hi,

Another approach could be for you to process the order using the admin app and add the license(s) as a comment which will be saved as an order  history record. If you change the state of the order at that point, the user will automatically receive an email with this information and this information will remain attached to the order.

-Ryan