• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Messages.properties file not working

Started by HappyHippo, July 29, 2015, 05:25:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyHippo

I made an eclipse project from make_eclipse_project ant target. My default local is en_GB.
When i add or change new property in Messages.properties file e.g. mycourses.products.body.title=xyz the store front shoes the key(mycourses.products.body.title) not the value(xyz).  The same way if i change a property new.products.body.title=Very New Arrivals; it does not reflect on store front. I have restarted the server but no effect.

I also created new Messages_gb.properties file but of no use. konakart doesn't detect the changes.

Please help!

ming

The system will show the message key itself if it can't find the key (or its value) in the Messages.properties file.  It does that to help you figure out the undefined keys.

All I can assume is that you haven't moved the new Messages file into your classes directory in the appropriate webapp.

HappyHippo

Thank you very much for the reply.

I am directly changing the Messages.properties file located in my eclipse project's classes directory...This is the file location --> kkeclipse/WebContent/WEB-INF/classes/Messages.properties

I restart the server and refresh the browser but no changes reflect.

From where shall i "Move new Messages file into classes directory"? Which Messages file should i change and move to classes dir of my kkeclipse project?

Thanks in advance!