• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

startkonakart.bat startup error

Started by Manjunath, September 14, 2015, 08:37:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Manjunath

I was able to install successfully when I started startkonakart.bat file first two times it worked fine, next day when I tried starting startkonakart.bat file  I am getting following error message
" Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine. Program will exit
".
Please let me know what Is the issue, as I am not able to show demo of it, so that we can continue with this application.

Manjunath

Quote from: Manjunath on September 14, 2015, 08:37:53 am
I was able to install successfully when I started startkonakart.bat file first two times it worked fine, next day when I tried starting startkonakart.bat file  I am getting following error message
" Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine. Program will exit
".
Please let me know what Is the issue, as I am not able to show demo of it, so that we can continue with this application.
OS: Windows-7, Ram-3GB, Java version:- 1.7.0_25,increased java_option to:-Xms512m -Xmx1024m

ming

This is really a question about Java Memory settings.

Search the Internet - You'll find a vast array of information about how to set the various memory settings appropriate for your particular version of Java, on your particular platform, in your particular environment.

A convenient place to set these in KonaKart, on Windows, is in the file:

bin\startkonakart.bat

In there you will see a line beginning "set CATALINA_OPTS="

On this line you will see 3 memory settings (for XX:PermSize XX:MaxPermSize and Xmx).

If Java is not starting up, you will need to adjust these to suit your environment.

Just reduce the values until it starts up....  and stays up.