• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Cannot display products when using Solr

Started by rcpp, June 11, 2015, 05:04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rcpp

Good morning, all

After two days struggling with Solr and KK, I was able to put it to run on my store. However, every time I activate Solr through the admin panel and go to my store, it breaks the product listing. This is what I get:

11-Jun-2015 12:21:11.772 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-20] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
com.konakart.app.KKException: Cannot perform a search returning custom facets because either SOLR hasn't been enabled or the search contains criteria for calculating overlapping bookable products.  SOLR cannot be used in these cases.

I tried to follow the instructions on the doc to add facets, but I simply cannot find the corresponding screens (maybe different versions?).  I can do a query through Solr admin panel, which returns products without any trouble. I've tried to set ProductSearch (using isForceSolr and/or isReturnCategoryFacets)  to use Solr, but nothing seems to work. Do I have to reimplement the default class, as in the API example?

My KK version is: 6.5.1.0

Thank you in advance

julie

You're using a very old version of KonaKart. I would consider upgrading to the latest version. You can keep your customised storefront and just upgrade the server side of  KonaKart since the APIs tend to remain backwards compatible.

Solr should work out of the box. What I'd advise is for you to install a fresh installation of KonaKart on a test or dev machine, enable and load Solr (from the Admin App), see it working in the demo storefront and then try and figure out what is different with your current installation.