• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Adding custom configuration

Started by pooja, May 31, 2015, 11:40:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pooja

Hi,

I am using a community version of Konakart 7.4 .
I want to add some custom configuration in the admin portal. I referred to the documentation section :

Adding Custom Configuration Panel
A "User Defined" panel is available to use for maintaining custom or user defined configuration parameters that are specific to your own store system.
All you need to do is to insert configuration parameters into the configurations table in your KonaKart database in configuration group 31 and they will appear automatically on the User Defined Configurations panel of the Administration Application

I added some rows in the 'configuration' table as:
INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('title', 'key', 'true', 'description', '31', '10', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());

I restarted the server. However could not find this config in the admin portal. Can anybody please tell me if I make any more changes or where to check this config?

Also, would like to know the difference between 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\')' and 'choice(\'true\', \'false\')'.

Thank you in advance.

ming

Custom Panel Configuration is an Enterprise Only feature

You can see a description of how to enable the custom panels in the konakartadmin_gwt.poperties file starting at this point:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# Custom Panel Configuration
#
# Allows you to specify custom panels in each section of the Admin
# App
#
# Enterprise Only
#
# Uncomment the line below to make the custom panel appear.
# The Custom panels appear below any KonaKart panels defined for the
# section.

QuoteAlso, would like to know the difference between 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\')' and 'choice(\'true\', \'false\')'.

The effect is the same.   The odd-looking "tep_cfg..." version is only there for historical reasons.   I recommend you always use:

choice(\'true\', \'false\')

pooja