• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Worldpay Integration

Started by sfsylz, February 10, 2007, 03:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sfsylz

Are there any plans for Worldpay Integration?

paolo

We are implementing payment gateways based on demand. If WorldPay is important for you, we'll try to get it done ASAP. Based on the information available on their website, it looks rather straightforward to implement.

sfsylz

The integration does look pretty straightforward for the Junior version - I was looking at the Select Pro version and didn't understand how to integrate it with the shopping cart. So I'll go ahead and do the integration for Junior myself, but I may need help with the Select Pro version in the future, if I deem I need it.

Cheers,
Steve

paolo

I haven't studied it closely, but I think that the Junior version should provide enough security . Maybe you can give us some feedback on that as you do the integration ? Meanwhile we have applied to become an Accredited Storebuilder for WorldPay. The process takes a few days, but when approved (and when we've done the gateway module), WorldPay will confirm that our integration is working correctly.

sfsylz

So, I'm in the final stages of the worldpay integration.

I am trying to implement the callback. In ChronoPayAction on line 166 there is a login with the username and password having been set in the database. What values is KonaKart expecting in order to validate this request? The admin application username/password? The username and password for the database? If it is not one of these, then where is this username password set?

Also, I can't get the Admin system to pick up the Worldpay configuration. I have to keep on going to the db directly in order to change the values in the database (though the shopping cart is picking up the module fine).

paolo

Hi sfsylz,

This was one of the next things on our list. However, since you have almost finished it, maybe we can start from the work that you have already done ?

Answering your questions:

The username password it expects is that of a normal KonaKart user. It needs these credentials in order to log into the engine so that it can write to the IPN_HISTORY table. You've probably seen that in the admin app we now provide a link from the order to the ipn_history so that you can easily view all of the payment gateway communications.

In the latest download package you'll notice that under the examples directory there is now a konakartadmin section where we supply the source code of the modules that the admin app needs to have. If you take a look at Chronopay.java you'll see that the admin app needs a small java class where the configuration variables are defined. Once it has this, you should be able to manage the module through the admin app.

-Paolo

sfsylz

I'll send along what I have when I get it working here (hopefully tonight). It's mostly a cut and paste from Chronopay though.

So the username and password is a customer's username and password? Such as test@test.com/meek that a normal user would log into the system through the shopping cart?

I see the class that you are talking about. I'll have to build that tonight.

paolo

Yes, the username and password is that of a customer. The module that receives the information from the payment gateway has to communicate with the engine as a "customer". If you have more than one module, it may be worthwhile giving each module a different user in order to keep them separate.

The reason that we require this extra security layer, is that the engine could be a SOAP Web Service on some completely different server and so all confidential communications to the engine need to be checked for credentials.