• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

404 while contextroot is changed

Started by iamcp, November 29, 2007, 08:37:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcp

I changed the context root in server.xml like this to use konakart to my application name.

<Context path="/kalabh"
    docBase="C:\Konakart1\webapps\konakart">
</Context>

Then I try to checkout a product from konakar I get a 404 error like described below. Thi happens when a product is added to the cart and when I press the checkout button. Does anyoneknows how to correct the url to call the correct action while doing the checkout.

Thanks in advance
iamcp

HTTP Status 404 - /kalabh/konakart

type Status report

message /kalabh/konakart

description The requested resource (/kalabh/konakart) is not available.

ryan

Hi,

I have just replicated your set-up as closely as I can - I installed KonaKart to
C:\Konakart1\webapps\konakart

... and set the server.xml exactly as you have.

I have no problems operating KonaKart with the newly defined context path.

I didn't change anything after installlation except the server.xml.

Have you changed something else?

Which version are you using?

How did you install?  Using the GUI-driven installer or manually from a zip file?

Are you using the defaut single-page checkout?

Have you enabled SSL?

Cheers,
Ryan

iamcp

I didnt change anything in server.xml except for the change I mentioned.

I have not changed anything else in the application other than server.xml change

Tomcat version 5.5.17
konakart - 2.2.0.7

I installed using the zip file

Yes I'm using the single page checkout ( by pressing checkout button and I have not configured anything regarding the checkout)

I have not enables SSL

Thanks for the reply

iamcp

heidi

Hello,

Why don't you install using the GUI installer and then just change the server.xml then you should see it working.. just as Ryan did earlier.

If so, you could then see what the differences are between the working version and the one you have that doesn't work.

Heidi

iamcp

What I did is I unzipped the konakart to another directory and deployed it, and it is working fine. I dont have a comparison s/w to check the diff between 2 directories, because of some admin privileges inthe system I'm working. But still I'm curious to find out, what break konakart when I installed it first time. Anyways, thanks for the help and I will keep you posted on this matter.

Thanks
iamcp