• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Editing order in admin application

Started by nclemeur, November 29, 2007, 01:49:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nclemeur

Hello,

I think it would be nice if an order could be edited in the admin application. For example, if a product is not in stock anymore, we should be able to suggest alternatives products to the user and if he agrees we should be able to change products in his order.

Also it would be nice if we could use other order statuses than the one currenlty defined.

Cheers,

Nicolas

nclemeur

QuoteAlso it would be nice if we could use other order statuses than the one currenlty defined.

Sorry, I did not notice this was already feasible in the current admin application.

Nicolas

trevor

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry, I did not notice this was already feasible in the current admin application.

Yes the order statuses are defined in a database table which can be maintained through the admin app.

I think it would be nice if an order could be edited in the admin application. For example, if a product is not in stock anymore, we should be able to suggest alternatives products to the user and if he agrees we should be able to change products in his order.

We'll add this to the Wish List. However, don't you think that it would be a better user experience if you could do this in real time when the customer is checking out. At this point you know whether the product is in stock or not and you can stop checkout and offer alternative products maybe which you have defined in the cross sell or up sell lists for the selected product.

Regards,

Trevor

nclemeur

QuoteHowever, don't you think that it would be a better user experience if you could do this in real time

Well I agree that this is the best scenario, unfortunatelly it is not always possible to know at the checkout time if the product is in stock or not... We have started a small shop (http://shop.daesim.com) based on quotations only (this is clearly not our main business), but more as a service for existing customer. And we don't want to go as far as to try to know if our distributors have products in stock. For the timebeing we just use konakart up to the point the customer send us is order. Then we process all manually (again we are a very small shop). We could use konakart a bit furter if it was possible to edit the order (including the price of each item) and send it back to our customer so that he issue a purchase order based on the real price (we display only RRP price) and products.

I know this is probably not the way that most of the shop are working, but I still believe editing an order  is a feature that would be necessary for a lot of different cases.

Cheers

Nicolas