• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Integrating Modules like Tax Cloud

Started by vetri, April 29, 2014, 06:04:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vetri

Hi All,

I am new to konakart, and was exploring on customization of konakart.
    I am much more interested in Tax cloud module of Order Total. Is there a way to install any other module like Tax Could in Order Total. Is it the same way as adding Custom payment Gateway in payment module?

Thanks in Advance.

ming

Yes, the whole purpose of the plug-in module framework is that you can add modules of your own design... whether payment, order total or shipping...

vetri

vetri

Hi ,
I am getting this error which creating custom TaxCustomCloud by copying the dir from TaxCloud in custom/modules folder am i missing some thing here?
I am able to see this module in KonakartAdmin console even if it is enabled for the first time the sort order shows a red dot when i click on the module then it displays the sort number

(?:refreshConfigs:?) Could not instantiate the OrderTotal Module com.konakart.bl.modules.ordertotal.taxcustomcloud.TaxCustomCloud in order to refresh its configuration
com.konakart.app.KKException:
USPS could not verify the address: 560 Test Address
USPS could not verify the city: Tallahassee
USPS could not verify the state: FLORIDA
USPS could not verify the zip: 33139

at com.konakart.bl.modules.ordertotal.taxcustomcloud.TaxCustomCloud.validateAddress(Unknown Source)
   at com.konakart.bl.modules.ordertotal..taxcustomcloud.TaxCustomCloud.setStaticVariables(Unknown Source)
   at com.konakart.bl.modules.ordertotal.OrderTotalMgr.refreshConfigs(Unknown Source)
   at com.konakart.app.KKEng.updateCachedConfigurations(Unknown Source)
   at com.konakart.bl.EngineConfigCacheUpdater.updateConfigs(Unknown Source)
   at com.konakart.bl.EngineConfigCacheUpdater.run(Unknown Source)

ming

Looks like you need to set a valid address that USPS can successfully validate.   TaxCloud won't be able to calculate tax if it doesn't recognise the source and destination addresses.

vetri

I get it. Thanks Ming,
If there is an any exception from Tax Cloud or In authentication User should not be able to confirm his order without tax calculation. I am able to catch exception, How can i reflect the same in UI? like alert message saying custom message or default konakart error alert.
Structure
try{
throw Exception / kkAdminException/ kkException
}
catch (Exception e)
{
throw Exception
}

But In UI Tax module doesn't show up with any error msg i am able to get this in console.
How can I achieve this?

Thanks,
Vetri