• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

What happens with customizations of CE when I upgrade to EE?

Started by ciprian.pavel, December 19, 2013, 01:24:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ciprian.pavel

Hi,

I am new to KonaKart and I am running CE version of Konakart 7.1.1 using bundled tomcat.
If I decide that I should go to EE version running also on another application server, what happens with my customizations done so far?

Ciprian

trevor

ming

One of the key advantages of KonaKart is that you don't lose your customisations - even by moving from Community to Enterprise.

The APIs are backwards compatible between versions and the Enterprise just has a richer set of them implemented.  Hence if you use the APIs in the Community version, then move up to the Enterprise version your customisations will continue to work... then you can choose to build on top of these to take advantage of Enterprise features.

Moving your webapps between different application servers tends to be very easy as well.

ciprian.pavel

Quote from: trevor on December 19, 2013, 01:28:46 pm
What have you customised ?

Till now I have customized the default look and feel of the JSPs.
Also I have added files for romanian translation and found a bug related to UTF8 encoding :( and breadcrumb generation.
I will also need to add a custom payment module, this one I think that will not get overwritten.

Is it possible to use KonaKart in a company that sells only services with dynamic digital download outcome and products as very large static digital downloads?

So, I understand that EE will update only the engine and admin application? and will not touch the storefront application?

Ciprian

trevor

QuoteTill now I have customized the default look and feel of the JSPs.

You can keep your customised storefront and only use the EE engine. The APIs are compatible. You don't have to use the storefront that is installed and redo all your mods.

QuoteIs it possible to use KonaKart in a company that sells only services with dynamic digital download outcome and products as very large static digital downloads?

Yes. Take a look at http://www.chili-tv.it/ .

QuoteSo, I understand that EE will update only the engine and admin application? and will not touch the storefront application?

Using the installer it will create a new install although you can just use the jars from the new install rather than the JSPs.