• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

Installation with as400 database

Started by alex, October 28, 2013, 11:59:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

alex

Hi everybody, one of our customers wants a demonstration that KonaKart can run on his as400 system. I know tha konakart already can use a db2 driver but to access db2 running with as400 I need a different driver (i.e. jt400) and a different connection string.
Can anyone address me on which steps I need to follow in order to install Konakart properly? The application server will run on windows server.

Thanks in advance

ryan

Can't you just run KonaKart on a unix server and connect to the DB2 database on the AS400 using the driver we provide? With the relatively low price of hardware I don't understand why the customer insists on KK running on his AS400 ?

alex

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain this case clearly:

First of all, we are going to install konakart on a windows 2008 server, connecting to the as400 database on another machine.

Second, with your driver (com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver) i think that the JDBC url would be something like jdbc:db2://<ip_address>:<port> . With this kind of url and the driver you provided I am unable to connect (maybe I still haven't found the exact combination).
If I try to connect with com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver driver (and jdbc url like jdbc:as400://<ip_address>:<port> ), the connection is successfully. (of course, I'm trying these connections with a different tool)

I understand that I can't create and fill the database with your installation wizard. What I'm asking now is if there is a manual installation procedure that will let me use konakart with an as400 db2 database

Kind regars

ming

Hi Alex,

I could be wrong about this but I don't know why you can't populate the database using JDBC from the installer.   I think it's "just" a matter of getting the URL correct..  (I know that's easier said than done if you don't know the syntax).  You can test the connection in the installer - it might take some trial and error.  Have you tried:  jdbc:as400://hostname/default-schema

If you can't make a connection you can always load the data in konakart_demo.sql (or your own data) manually.

Then you can add the AS400 JDBC driver that works for you into the relevant lib directories and you should be OK... although we don't ever test on AS400 like this.