• Welcome to KonaKart Community Forum. Please login or sign up.

custom tables, torque and konakart

Started by franklinr, December 03, 2013, 02:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinr

I'm using konakart but my application needs some other custom tables so I've configured torque to generate the classes for those tables in the same database that the rest of my konakart tables are in.  Konakart already initializes torque with the database connection parameters I want to use but if I attempt to connect to the custom table with torque, I'm getting a null pointer exception on the torque connection.  Is there some way to get the torque connection from konakart and set it appropriately for the custom tables?

julie

If you access these tables from KonaKart (i.e. a customized manager or the custom engine) then you should be fine.

We provide an example under KonaKart\custom\database and some code that uses it under KonaKart\java_api_examples\src\com\konakart\apiexamples\CustomSchemaExample.java.

franklinr

Thanks!  Which version is CustomSchemaExample.java in? I've searched under 6.5.1.0 and 7.1.1.1

julie

I've just checked but I'm afraid it's only supplied with the Enterprise version of KonaKart.

franklinr

Interesting. Thanks for the help.  Konakart probably isn't worth using for me if it's that difficult to try and run torque on custom tables.

julie

It's not a difficult thing to do once you've installed the Enterprise Extensions.